project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2005-01-16, 01:46   #1
Jasper
Default realistic weapons physics

How realistic is weapons physics going to be. I assume it not going to be a ballistics simulator is it? Linear cone fire is not an accurate representation at longer ranges.

Also will you be able to re-zero your weapons sights for different ranges?

Will rounds have realistic trajectories and accuracy in addition to power?

A lot of ballistics software has 30 day demos that you can download for free with maybe helpful.
Jasper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-16, 02:48   #2
solodude23

Yeah, I was wondering the same. Im not sure if you will be able to re-zero your sights for different ranges but I would hope to have differnt trajectories for different weapons and bullette drop. That would still be great.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-16, 07:05   #3
Black Beret
Retired Military Advisor

We hope to achieve maximum realism and authenticity in the firearms department of our mod.
Black Beret is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-16, 22:37   #4
Silverwolf

Which is going to be very VERY cool , specially for those players amongst us who like to do some sniping (including me )
Silverwolf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-17, 02:45   #5
Archangel

this would stop sooo many people bi***** bout weapons(cough oc-14) (cough p.o.e.)
Archangel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-17, 06:07   #6
Silence14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwolf
Which is going to be very VERY cool , specially for those players amongst us who like to do some sniping (including me )
You could finally use the different chevrons on the PSO-1 scope. That would be cool.
Silence14 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-17, 14:18   #7
DrZero
Retired PR Developer

ballistics and physics are my department over at reality hq....

im a physics/engineering PhD, you can trust that the bullet drop will be as close as we can possibly get to reality
DrZero is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-17, 20:48   #8
Tacamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silence14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwolf
You could finally use the different chevrons on the PSO-1 scope. That would be cool.
That's on of the features I loved about OFP. Hard to get used to at first, but once you do it makes things so much easier.
Tacamo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-28, 01:13   #9
snipurs

yea or can it be possible to add windage to the game, when it comes to long distances, it would drop alot of sniping from new players to just jump the gun and start playing sniper..lets camp the wall type of deal

I i can see it now, sniper looks into hes binocs and then looks at the target the binocs gives him range, and windage and the sniper "cough" snipur "cough" sets it into hes scope and waits for he's breathing to relax.. well ok maybe the breathing is a little to much but it would still be fun to see a sniper trying to fix hes scope while you already have him in yours ^^
snipurs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-05, 15:41   #10
CHIKEN

One thing im wondering though is will BF2 allow you to set all these different things? Getting breathing may be a bit of an issue
CHIKEN is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
physics, realistic, weapons