project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2010-01-02, 00:41   #1
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Default Harsh and difficult terrain of Karbala

I found these couple of areas in Karbala a bit too harsh as driving thru them is error prone and will damage vehicles, and even presonel, unnecessarily. Would it be possible to make them smoother or something?

Areas I'm talking about can bee seen in these videos:

and:
Last edited by bad_nade; 2010-01-02 at 00:54..
Old 2010-01-02, 01:18   #2
Lagsalot 56k

Default Re: Harsh and difficult terrain of Karbala

Personally, i think no changing needs to be done here. The worlds terrain is not completely flat or easy to drive on/walk over. That's just how the world is, and in a game of realism, we shouldn't plan on changing that.
Old 2010-01-02, 01:59   #3
TheLean
Supporting Member

You take advantage of an obvious exploit and you want to be able to do it while not being harmed? The blue thing you cant drive over is supposed to be a river. It cant continue in the out of bounds map. But to all intents and purposes, Im sure we are supposed to imagine that it exceeds the size of the map, so you shouldnt really be able to drive there. Do you really think they would spend millions on a bridge instead of building the road around the river if they could do that?

While we are on the subject of offroading I must say I think its weird how easy it is to go offroad in PR. Try hitting 100 km/h while going offroad IRL and you are in for hell of a bumpy ride and your mechanic will soon be a wealthy man.
Old 2010-01-23, 13:42   #4
Herbiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLean View Post
While we are on the subject of offroading I must say I think its weird how easy it is to go offroad in PR. Try hitting 100 km/h while going offroad IRL and you are in for hell of a bumpy ride and your mechanic will soon be a wealthy man.
Depends on the Vehicle.

If you drive off road in a Civi car then you'll die, if you drive off road in a armoured Huvmee with BIG wheels and high suspension you won't.

Ofcourse, why you can drive up mountains in a pick up truck is beyond me.

Personally the only thing that needs changing is the banks of the river - it's stupid that you can't pull yourself out of the water.
Old 2010-01-02, 02:02   #5
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

there are many areas in PR maps that will damage vehicles if you hold down W without taking care of ur vehicle over rough terrain.

How to avoid damaging ur vehicle -

if you are approaching a non-smooth thingy just take ur finger off the accelerator, or if you are using a throttle, put ur speed down by 30-50% and you'll go over the obstacle smoothly and safely.

More and more my vehicle gunners bless the fact I'm using a joystick with my Y axis as my throttle. (that way if I let go of the joystick the vehicle automatically brakes)

Old 2010-01-02, 02:02   #6
Rissien
Supporting Member

Showing two places that are by all means outside of the map, no reason to bother smoothing an area out that for one no one ever goes to anyways. Not to mention that is pretty much exploiting the map, at least in our server we frown on going outside the edge of the map to get around obsticals, such as the bomb car on Fallujah driving outside the map to go around and hit armor from the North.

MA3-USN Former

クラナド ァフターストーリー
Old 2010-01-23, 02:34   #7
Wh33lman

As Christopher Colmbus discovered, the world is not flat. The terrian is fine, its the idiots who speed across it that need fixing. Bus alas, players are hardcoded.
Old 2010-01-23, 02:58   #8
FuzzySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless_noob View Post
I found these couple of areas in Karbala a bit too harsh as driving thru them is error prone and will damage vehicles, and even presonel, unnecessarily. Would it be possible to make them smoother or something?

Areas I'm talking about can bee seen in these videos:

and:
How about stop going out of the map to exploit gameplay, Destroyable bridges were put in to have an affect on gameplay.
Old 2010-01-23, 10:18   #9
Burton

Thread should be named to "Harsh and difficult terrain of Karbala that I cannot drive over for a reason but do so anyway"
Old 2010-01-23, 10:42   #10
killonsight95
Supporting Member

there should be a big f8ck off mountain there just to stop idoits like you ruining our PR lives

Tags
difficult, harsh, karbala, river, terrain