PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2006-07-13, 23:56   #1
ROCKETt

Default ISRAEL > LEBANON...OMGHAX

http://www.cnn.com/

world war 3 perhaps?
Old 2006-07-14, 00:04   #2
Jawbreaker

probably not a ww3 type thing. More like Israel is going to walk all over lebanon.
Old 2006-07-14, 00:08   #3
Figisaacnewton

Unless Iran gets involved. Then it might be WW3.
Old 2006-07-14, 00:10   #4
Crawley
Banned

I really think we are in WW3 or are on the brink of it, fig come on Iran is involved they are pushing the US and Israel as far as they possibly can without either of us going to military actions. It is very well possible that middle east action escalates alot within the next few days, weeks or months.
Old 2006-07-14, 00:19   #5
Solitas

I know my shouts have given the impression of otherwise, but a world war is unlikely, or at least at this time. It would require a serious escalation for several nations across the globe to become involved.

Though I expect a large conflict in the midle east very soon, which is very likely to draw in the coalition forces. I won't argue as to why, but I think most of us can agree they (or rather we) will become involved in one way or another.
Old 2006-07-14, 00:29   #6
Crawley
Banned

The Middle East + Israel & US Allies is very big last time i checked Solitas
Old 2006-07-14, 00:37   #7
Solitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawley
The Middle East + Israel & US Allies is very big last time i checked Solitas
Touche' haha

But, I think in this day and age a war is not considered to be on a large scale unless a number of superpowers are involved.

The US obviously counts, Israel (while having an excellent army) is not, the UK you can make an argument for but I think at best we're just a 'power .
The rest of the Middle East is more of an ensemble, even if they did band together (ala BF2, as if they would) theres no way they'd become a superpower for quite a while.

If someone like, say, Russia or Chine got involved then I'd start to get seriously worried
Old 2006-07-14, 00:41   #8
SilvuR

I believe that any US involvment in any "World War" scenario would be extremely short and would consist of the United States and its allies pushing the big red button and glassing over the opposition, followed shortly by a quick and mostly uneventful cleanup push into the major citys of the opposing countrys and years of occupation and insurgency.(Particularly in the Middle East.)
Old 2006-07-14, 20:20   #9
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvuR
I believe that any US involvment in any "World War" scenario would be extremely short and would consist of the United States and its allies pushing the big red button and glassing over the opposition, followed shortly by a quick and mostly uneventful cleanup push into the major citys of the opposing countrys and years of occupation and insurgency.(Particularly in the Middle East.)

war is too focused on "pressing the big red button". has life realy become that cheap??

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Old 2006-07-14, 02:10   #10
trogdor1289

Well right at the moment it really is just Isreal vs Hezbollah since they control most of southern Lebanon but the real problems start when Isreal moves north. Also I do believe that both sides are using this kidnapping as an excuse to make some moves.

Tags
>, israel, lebanonomghax