project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
24 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2013-02-04, 07:50   #81
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Falklands feedback general

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moszeusz6Pl View Post
On Vehicle Warfare layer left A4C are moving a bit forward right after spawn. After some time it moves away from spawn, and second one spawn, but they collide with themselves, and explode in result, killing third jet too.
lol.

Ye, I know about the A-4 etc moving forwards after spawning, down to setting the wheels to always roll even if a player isn't in them to try and stop players from doing an instant stop after landing by hopping out but hasn't 100% worked as I had hoped as it still stops pretty quickly, just not as short as it was before but ye, the slowly rolling jets after spawn is a bit of a problem

Didn't know they blew each other up on VW64 thou hehe.

Old 2013-05-25, 19:44   #82
notmyingamename

i have a question maybe someone here can answer

practicing bomb runs on falkland with the harrier/mirage. normally, for example on kashan, the bombs have a height limit (or distance traveled) before they detonate. so a bomb released at, say 2500, would never make it to splash. i noticed that in falkland, however, in both jets and with LG or conventional, i could drop them accurately from 2500 without the distance limits. their release points were all a little different too. even between lg/conventional i noticed that the angle of attack and bomb track varied by a decent margin. but the question is, since i was playing on vehicle warfare, do the same rules apply to AAS? can we divebomb in standard deployment on falkland from beyond 1500?
Old 2013-05-25, 20:55   #83
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

Weapon characteristics should be the same between VW and AAS, yes. Cant really comment on the rest of your post, never did much bombing on normal PR.

Old 2013-05-27, 14:44   #84
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ye as Lucky said, the bombs behave the same w/e mode your on.

The reasons why they behave differently is for starters, most of the bombs ingame a dumb, aka free fall bombs with no guidance and we tweaked the bomb physics in PR:F to be more realistic for these bombs. Also the dumb bombs have a much smaller arming delay on them than LGBs, firstly because they are a smaller size, only 500lb instead of 1000lb which means the aircraft can be closer to the explosion without damaging his plane in r/l and also in the real Falklands war, since many of the Argentine bombs failed to detonate when they hit the ships since they where dropped from so low they modified the fuses to shorten the arming time, allowing them to be dropped at much lower altitudes.

The 1000lb Laser Guided Bomb (LGB) on one of the Harriers however has the same code as it dose in normal PR and the same arming time so it needs to be dropped above 1000m for it to arm in time.

Old 2013-05-29, 15:02   #85
notmyingamename

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Ye as Lucky said, the bombs behave the same w/e mode your on.

The reasons why they behave differently is for starters, most of the bombs ingame a dumb, aka free fall bombs with no guidance and we tweaked the bomb physics in PR:F to be more realistic for these bombs. Also the dumb bombs have a much smaller arming delay on them than LGBs, firstly because they are a smaller size, only 500lb instead of 1000lb which means the aircraft can be closer to the explosion without damaging his plane in r/l and also in the real Falklands war, since many of the Argentine bombs failed to detonate when they hit the ships since they where dropped from so low they modified the fuses to shorten the arming time, allowing them to be dropped at much lower altitudes.

The 1000lb Laser Guided Bomb (LGB) on one of the Harriers however has the same code as it dose in normal PR and the same arming time so it needs to be dropped above 1000m for it to arm in time.
thanks for the answers rhino

Tags
falklands, feedback, general