project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2023-02-07, 12:32   #1
Gazuu
Question New Logistics feature for tanks, loading...

Could it be feasable to add a feature into logis where, if operated by a crewman he has an option to start reloading a nearby tank? ^ Only if though the crewman can be "given" a shell to load and slowed down and exposed during the loading.

-Would emphasise logistics being valuable team assets more.
-Give tank crews if choosen to play more "hidden".
-Would probably lessen metagaming with people camping main entrances less with AT and having to move and communicate with team to locate and destroy enemy armor.
-Slower than loading in main.
Gazuu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-07, 16:13   #2
axytho
Supporting Member
Default Re: New Logistics feature for tanks, loading...

+1. Two thoughts though:

1) Number of logis should then be increased for most maps, so that asset squad needs don't interfere with fob needs

2) The actual amount that can be loaded should be approximately the same as the emplacements can take from two heavy crates.

i.e., Two supply crates~30 TOW missiles, so no loading of 100 HE-FRAG rounds from a single logi.
axytho is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-07, 17:29   #3
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Assets returning to main for ammo/repair gives a respite to the other team.

There's only two reasons you need to rearm a tank, you either expended ammo engaging the enemy team or you miss a lot.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-07, 17:58   #4
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Could combine it with lowering ammo

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-07, 19:14   #5
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

hmm...

1. How often is this actually done? And i'm talking in a combat zone. not sure what the source of your pic is but it doesn't look it's a) contemporary b) shot while in combat

2. It feels like it's taking away from the logi "job"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazuu View Post
I was throwing out an idea for widening the logistics. Open ears and would like to hear more ideas when it comes to ammo cost and overall how would it "fit" in pr.
Look, I'm all for that and especially expanding on the logi system but specifically for this suggestion i'm rather mellow.

Last edited by sweedensniiperr; 2023-02-10 at 18:30..
Old 2023-02-07, 20:11   #6
Gazuu

I was throwing out an idea for widening the logistics. Open ears and would like to hear more ideas when it comes to ammo cost and overall how would it "fit" in pr.
Gazuu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-08, 00:28   #7
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
Assets returning to main for ammo/repair gives a respite to the other team.

There's only two reasons you need to rearm a tank, you either expended ammo engaging the enemy team or you miss a lot.
What about resupplying a vehicle's .30 and .50 caliber machine guns in the field? I would love for an ammo bag to be able to resupply a tank/apc coax mg, humvee's 50, techy's top and/or bottom machine guns.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-08, 19:17   #8
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
What about resupplying a vehicle's .30 and .50 caliber machine guns in the field? I would love for an ammo bag to be able to resupply a tank/apc coax mg, humvee's 50, techy's top and/or bottom machine guns.
You don't think that's tone deaf to the point being made by the person you quoted? If they're opposed to a Logi tank rearm, why would a soldier throwing an ammo bag at a tank be any form of compromise or even alternative? "Just the machine guns" completely discounts the point made about respite.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-09, 03:09   #9
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
You don't think that's tone deaf to the point being made by the person you quoted? If they're opposed to a Logi tank rearm, why would a soldier throwing an ammo bag at a tank be any form of compromise or even alternative? "Just the machine guns" completely discounts the point made about respite.
At this point I just think you personally hate me.

But I will answer you in good faith.

Emplacement can already be resupplied with ammo bags. Then why not vehicle machine guns? I can understand not wanting to resupply cannons or main guns with ammo bags. But machine guns? I dont see why not.

On a personal note: I love doing drivebys. And as a driver, I need to keep my humvee or techie or shitbox in the field as long as possible. Being able to resupply machine gun ammo in the field would be a great boon to me and all my homies. There's nothing more fun than rolling up on some fools and blasting them with a fiddy cal. Or having me and my G's blast some fools with AK47s in the clown car.
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-09, 08:48   #10
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Resupplying based on weapon type would require a massive rework of how rearming works. We would have to hack our own rearm system to ream the 50cal on top, but not the 120mm. While it would be nice to have, the amount of work required to get this to work make it a low priority issue.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote