project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-07, 19:39   #1
Chapel
Default Mines Disapearing and stuck in gun emplacements...

Was playing on the Gulf of Oman map (Not sure what it's called in PR) and laid out a mine on the bridge to prevent enemy vehicles passage. After about 5-10 mins it disapeared (I was still alive). I also was unable to be rearmed by rifleman ammo bags. I tried on two different occasions to reload my mine/C4 stock, but was unable. The bag disaperared after a min or so and I figured I was reloaded, but didn't have any inventory.

About 10 mins later...a vehicle drove over it and exploded. This also occured on the of the desert maps (one with a village and a crashed airplane site, and all the oil field production/refinery positions. Someone laid out mines across the production entrances, 4 each, and friendlys kept driving over them complaining they couldn't see them. I could see em, but they said they couldn't. I thought maybe thier 3d Icons were accidentally turned off. Not the case though.

I also got stuck in a bunker MG emplacement. I tried to use the 'E' key to get out and I kept hearing the sounds of Night Vision Goggles turning on and off. No visual change, but just sound, and I was still stuck in the gun, till was killed.
Old 2007-08-07, 20:05   #2
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

thanks chapel, trying to figure out why these landmines do this...

also what MG was it?
Old 2007-08-07, 20:37   #3
bosco_
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Haha, this mine behaviour can be seen as a good thing

Old 2007-08-07, 21:35   #4
blud

This happened to me on Kufrah and on Desert Storm. I ran over completely invisible mines, on flat ground with nothing to hide them such as rocks or anything like that. And I know about the 3D map obviously
Old 2007-08-07, 22:28   #5
dbzao
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

yep noticed this too as insurgent deploying mines... I could see the 3D icon on a few of them, but in others I couldn't.
Old 2007-08-08, 03:17   #6
Chapel

It wasn't just the 3d icon, it was the actual mine. Now obviously...I do think it's cool. But your side should be made aware that they're in the ground. Be neat if we could put a little sign up with the Xbones on it or something, that could only be seen by our side (Obviously the 3d icon does this already).

The machinegun was in a bunker, in like the middle CP on the beach on "Gulf of Oman" It was pointed to the north. That's about all I can tell you. Don't know the name of that particular weapon.
Old 2007-08-08, 05:54   #7
Communist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
I also got stuck in a bunker MG emplacement. I tried to use the 'E' key to get out and I kept hearing the sounds of Night Vision Goggles turning on and off. No visual change, but just sound, and I was still stuck in the gun, till was killed.
I was in the British transport truck on Ghost Train with the officer kit and I just heard the sound of defibrillators every time I pressed "E" to exit the vehicle. I managed to get out eventually by pressing a button the switch weapons (even though I was in the drivers seat). It was odd that I heard that sound though, as I was commander with the officer kit, not a medic.
Old 2007-08-08, 10:22   #8
Deadfast
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Communist View Post
I was in the British transport truck on Ghost Train with the officer kit and I just heard the sound of defibrillators every time I pressed "E" to exit the vehicle. I managed to get out eventually by pressing a button the switch weapons (even though I was in the drivers seat). It was odd that I heard that sound though, as I was commander with the officer kit, not a medic.
This sounds plays when exit point of vehicle is blocked and you're trying to get out (no matter what class you are).
It's kinda wierd, tho.
Old 2008-11-10, 23:17   #9
Guardian[]B()b
Supporting Member
Default Re: Mines Disapearing and stuck in gun emplacements...

PR Ver 0.8
Had the Invisible minefield on Mutrah2 last Friday
Engi had laid out a lot of mines near East City
At first pass I could see the mines, 5 - 10 minutes later I could not and neither could some of the other squad members
The engi could still see them.
We all joined the server at the start of the map.
Closed Thread

Tags
disapearing, emplacements, gun, mines, stuck