project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: Do YOU like the HUEY?
Yes 226 60.43%
No 61 16.31%
Have not tried 87 23.26%
Voters: 374. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-17, 09:43   #1
Fearosius

Default Poll: Do you like the new Huey?

I quite like it myself, it flies cool and is rather small for a 8 seater . I just have one thing negative about it, the cockpit controls on your default camera view is just a wee bit big. It also need a "Classic 60's All-day Rock-N-Roll Radio Station" for us pilots to sit back and chill to.

Just one suggestion if we can get some seats on the Huey were people sit on the side, give it that Vietnam feel.

Just a side note, Cheomesh (Expendable Grunt) said its a UH-1Y but I think its a UH-1N because the 'Y' version has a rather large rotor engine than the one in-game. Which is it?
Old 2008-03-17, 09:51   #2
Maxfragg

it seams to be a moderniced UH-1N, with some systems updated to the UH-1Y (the systems in the nose)
and i love it, but i still miss the gunship variant
Old 2008-03-17, 09:53   #3
Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearosius View Post
It also need a "Classic 60's All-day Rock-N-Roll Radio Station" for us pilots to sit back and chill to.
This would be soooooo awesome!!!!!!!
I am dreaming of flying over Operation Archer and listen to CCR - Fortunate Son
Old 2008-03-17, 09:55   #4
ArmedDrunk&Angry
Banned

I laugh when I hear that people love to listen to anti-war songs while pretending to go to war.
The ultimate sellout !!!
Old 2008-03-17, 09:59   #5
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Flies nice & lands great. (local server)

Only grumbles.... Tail rotor only renders below 36m.
And the wrecked model still has its nav. lights shinning brightly, which is odd.
Old 2008-03-17, 10:01   #6
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Is this really worth another poll?

Old 2008-03-17, 10:37   #7
Dunehunter
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

It doesn't seem to want to rise, but that does mean that it's rather easy to really hug the terrain. Me likes.

[R-MOD]Jigsaw] I am drunk. I decided to come home early because I can''t realy seea nyithng. I hthknk i madea bad choicce.
Old 2008-03-17, 11:29   #8
Chuffy

I tried a local game on Archer and I thought it landed and took off HORRIBLY. Like you had to fight it to stop it swerving all over the place and crashing. In fact the first time I tried to land it, it tipped to the right and I was destroyed. In the air it handles fine.

Obviously other people aren't having the same problems so I don't know what was going on there. I'm not a bad heli pilot or anything.
Old 2008-03-17, 12:25   #9
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuffy View Post
I tried a local game on Archer and I thought it landed and took off HORRIBLY. Like you had to fight it to stop it swerving all over the place and crashing. In fact the first time I tried to land it, it tipped to the right and I was destroyed. In the air it handles fine.

Obviously other people aren't having the same problems so I don't know what was going on there. I'm not a bad heli pilot or anything.
alright my brissol boy

You have to land on VERY flat land otherwise the takeoff is very dangerous.

I think its the best landing chopper yet, but the land still needs to be flat.
Old 2008-03-17, 12:54   #10
Expendable Grunt

I like it. Take off is a bit tough. On a LAN game, I landed the Huey on the E6 plateau fort on Archer, and had a HELL of a time getting it to take off -- even waiting a full minute still caused it to tip.

Tags
huey, poll