project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-28, 17:03   #1
HughJass
Default Kozelsk bridge, bug or feature?

The main bridge (may i note this is the ONLY way across the river with a tank) was taken out by the milita.

We tried everything, combinations from shoveling, to repair crate, to wrench, nothing worked.

Is this supposed to work this way, if the milita take out the bridge the russians can't get supply crates and tanks across forever?
Old 2009-01-28, 17:30   #2
Le_Chuck
Default Re: Kozelsk bridge, bug or feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughJass View Post
Is this supposed to work this way, if the milita take out the bridge the russians can't get supply crates and tanks across forever?
I hope not! Its a regular piece of bridge like those on Kyongan'Ni. It should be repaireble. But it dont work so i will assume, its a bug.
Old 2009-01-28, 19:51   #3
9cookie_monster

Having the same problem.. Played a round on kozelsk last night and the Russians took out that bridge you speak of. We could not get much down to the lower part of the map.. no other route other going over the mountains if you make that. Then the Russians took that bridge out too, but there is a land bridge on that side.

I believe it is all bridges though. I brought it up in this thread
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10...7-bridges.html

From what I have seen and experimented with. I believe they are down for good.
Old 2009-01-29, 02:09   #4
Blakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9cookie_monster View Post
Having the same problem.. Played a round on kozelsk last night and the Russians took out that bridge you speak of. We could not get much down to the lower part of the map.. no other route other going over the mountains if you make that. Then the Russians took that bridge out too, but there is a land bridge on that side.

I believe it is all bridges though. I brought it up in this thread
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10...7-bridges.html

From what I have seen and experimented with. I believe they are down for good.
With the militia it isnt as much a problem since the west side of the mountains are not as steep as the east side, so the supply trucks and technicals can go over and then via land bridges or the east bridge to the southern part of the map. Militia brdms and spandrel brdms can float so they can go around. Russian BTR-60s can also float. Russian tanks and logistic trucks are worse off however and the loss of that bridge halts their advancement to the northwest part of the map.

I find the loss of this bridge to be a key tactic to the militia win, but it is sad that the Russians cannot fix it if they can hold both sides.
Old 2009-01-29, 19:59   #5
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

This is a bug.

Current workaround: build an FOB there, and then place a foxhole, you can use the foxhole as a makeshift bridge, works well hehe
Old 2009-01-30, 05:05   #6
McBumLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead View Post
This is a bug.

Current workaround: build an FOB there, and then place a foxhole, you can use the foxhole as a makeshift bridge, works well hehe
Show us your workaround, I want to do this whenever possible, now who said there was no such thing as a deployable bridge
Closed Thread

Tags
bridge, bug, feature, kozelsk