project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2006-11-05, 18:04   #1
V3N0N_br

Default [Map] Road to Ramadi [scrapped]

Hello folks, I've started a new map, for now it's only about 8% complete.
The focus of the map is around combat crossing the main road, that goes through almost the whole map.

I'm planning on adding some slopes so it can look more like the ones you see on those pictures from cities north of Baghdad, wich are not a bunch of houses in a flat terrain, but mostly going up a hill.

It'll be an urban head-on map, I personnaly think it'll suit for tanks, since there's the large road - they won't be able to go to some of the flags though. Anyways, tanks got to cross a road to get to places right?
In any case, infantry will be present at larger scale, so the CP's can't be too far away - I talked to Rhino about this already, and (as he suggested me) the plan is to place CP's in a way infantry will be able to frank from multiple directions.

The plan is to have 7 flags total, vehicles will be like
US:
-2 HMMWVs
-2 M1A2 (since the tanks will be there more like providing support, I think having 2 of them won't hurt)
- I'm still in doubt if I should add a littlebird. As the map works out, I'll see and ask what's better.

MEC:
Well... I'm not sure either there are gonna be insurgents soon or not
but i'd preffer to have them, but in any case, it would be like:
-2 t90
-3 vodnik

I got the terrain from google earth, it's almost the same thing I got from there, I made some changes only by placing the river (wich was not present on the original terrain) and smoothing the areas where the city would lie.

I'll not post the minimap now cause it's still too empty, there's only the "project" of the map.

Some screens of the starting map:

And, for a finishing:
US main base

It's supposed to be a soccer field, hahah but's just provisory.

As you can see in some screens, I haven't decided wich sky I'm gonna use. I'm just sure it's not gonna be the "sandstorm like" one, maybe a clear sky will suit better.

I'm gonna dirty the streets a little more, put some barricades, burning tires, car wrecks, etc. the city gotta look pretty war torn.

btw- lightmaps are suckin and I know it, never mind about it, my computer will never generate pretty ones :P
V3N0N_br is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
map, ramadi, road, scrapped, wip