project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-05-19, 19:30   #1
JKJudgeX
Default AK-47 Accuracy... really?

So the next patch will, wait... DECREASE AK-47 accuracy?

Guys, seriously... it's already 10 times worse than it really is...

YouTube - AK47 M16 Comparison - part 1
M16 vs. AK-47...

M16 shows more accuracy, but, not by nearly the factor it's given in PR and other games... plus, a single round from an AK penetrates much better... plus, you have to factor in the different ammo types... using heavier, more penetrating M16 ammo, you will lose accuracy, using lighter, less penetrating AK-47 ammo, you will gain accuracy.

Pay attention to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TfoWHOTSvs

I use a similar setup, and the accuracy he is describing is just below 2 MOA, which is not impossible for an AK to achieve... I get close, myself, and I have a crappy AK...nothing that's available in Europe/middle east, like Yugos, Hungarians, Norincos, etc etc...

But anyway... yes, the M-16 is more accurate, but the accuracy of the AK in PR and most other games is HORRIBLY wrong... soldier fatigue/nervousness etc etc included.

The fact of the matter is that within 100 yards, it's negligible on a human sized target, out to 200 yards, barely noticeable, and at 300 yards it starts to matter more and more compared to the m-16/m-4 etc etc... then factor in various barrel lengths, optic configurations, ammo, etc... the case for making the AK that much less accurate is pretty weak until you get to 300+ yards.

Tags
accuracy, ak47