project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-06-24, 23:37   #1
waldo_ii
Default Question to the Devs about Fool's Road

This has been a subject of some debate on the Tactical Gamer forums, and I wanted to know from you what the Dev stance is on blowing up the bridge just outside of the Russian main. Is it supposed to be a target for the Chechens, or is the destructibility of the bridge a unwanted remnant of older versions?

The things that make it seem like the Devs want the bridge destroyed is the fact that it remains destructible, and it has been a target in the past.

On the other side, the bridge is now out of bounds for the Chechens, making one believe that the Devs do not want Chechens going there. This doesn't keep players from destroying it, though. Just today I was on a round where Chechens called in mortars on the bridge, irreversibly destroying one of the sections. Also, there is no sort of land bridge, nor is there a static repair/rearm station across the river on the combat-zone side.

Is this bridge meant to be a target? Was it supposed to be a target in older versions, but isn't now? Was it never a target?

(I would have sent a message to the original mapper, but the beloved wiki remains down, and I don't know where else to get the name of the mapper)

Tags
devs, fool, question, road