project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-10-18, 02:20   #1
malv
Banned
Default Close Combat Accuracy

So one thing I've noticed is that I tend to die frequently to undeployed-MGs in close combat. I've determined that this has mostly to do with the fact the MGs spray so many bullets, that despite the inaccuracy of any single bullet, it still manages to often times be more effective than a regular rifleman with iron sights. The problem with rifleman is that there is too much deviation for the amount of rounds that are fired. Up close, that deviation can mean that most of bullet for auto or semi-auto hit in the arms or legs instead of the chest allowing the MG to win the battle while preparing the next burst. This problem is compounded further by floor diving tactics when the enemy is 5-10 feet away.

Now, I do understand in real life MGs are incredibly accurate due to rate of fire, which is fine. However, MGs in real life or no where near as mobile and easy to move as an M4 or AK. If this were the case you would expect them to be used as a close-quarters weapon of choice.

Anyways, my opinion is that something needs to be done to make them a less effective weapon up close. I see that this game is trying to both be as realistic as possible while retaining strong gameplay. Mgs unfortunately seem to have all the strengths of a Marksman kit with very few (if any) disadvantages. The effectiveness of riflemen up close should be increased.
Last edited by malv; 2009-10-18 at 02:48..

Tags
accuracy, close, combat, deviation