project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2009-10-26, 03:46   #11
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Al Muthana Desert (4km) [WIP]

well, I've kinda answered that already, but seeing as its you.

1) there are no flat areas of the map, so the landscape feels pretty differnet to alot of kashan.
2) underground areas
3) no mordor mountain, Tanks can't sit on a hill and fire at anything inside the bunker complex, thus their effectiveness against infantry inside the complex is vastly reduced. (in theory anyways)
4) British Vs MEC balancing is significantly more interesting than USA vs MEC balancing imo. (BMP will defintately feature on this map, as will the scimitar)
5) Different gameplay dynamics. I am considering having the bunkers under MEC control at the start of the game, with associated changes to which assets on which side are on delayed spawn.
6) The plan is for a significantly larger Kashan style village in teh SW side of the map. again, no mordor mountains, so the infantry have a place which is 'theirs'
7) The British FOB on a raised area, tanks can get level with it but not above, this creates another place the infantry can own.

Also, note that I'm using the kashan sky.con. I want a similar sky, but I'll probably modify the texture to give a differnet ambiance.

I tried the desert rats sky.con and it looked very cinematic, but i don't think it suited the colourmaps at all. So I'm getting the nuts and bolts done and doing the sky.con later- but this should significantly change the ambiance and appearance of the map.

And in any case, what's wrong with a revamped kashan lol?

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
4km, awesomeness, desert, map, muthana, rud loves men, rudd is a stud, ruddyboy, wip