project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
17 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-02-05, 14:44   #1
Herbiie
Default Herbiie's Commander Guide.

Hey Guys,

After a round on RT I've decided to go commander as much as I can now, so I'll slowly be putting together a thorough guide here.

I'll split it into Sections:

Position:

In v0.9 as a CO you have alot more freedom as to where you go.

In my eyes you still shouldn't be fighting on the front line, but you should be near enough to it to see what's happening.

From my experience there are two places you can go when out on the field, depending on the tempo of the battle. If you're team is being very aggressive, and you are actively Commanding a Multi-Squad Flag Attack, then you should be in a position where you can watch your guys go in, but are not involved in the fighting. This will help you co-ordinate your team. If you're team is on the back foot, or it's an equally balanced fight in terms of aggressiveness, then the best place for you is at a flag with a purple shield on it, you'll be close enough to the fighting to see what's going on, but far enough away to be safe, and, of course, if the flag come sunder heavy attack you can help out.

In either of these positions you should be in a concealed position, and should preferably have two planned out, one where you can see easily, and another where the enemy will have to be right on-top of you to find you. You should stay in the first position until you want to use your map for any length of time, for e.g. co-ordinating a big assault, air support, or Area Attack. When you wish to do this, you should fall back into the concealed position, so there's no chance of you getting sniped with your map out.
Herbiie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
commander, guide, herbiie