project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
01 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-02-26, 10:00   #1
Alex123
Default [0.9 CO-OP] Planes

I'd like to post some things that disturb me about the vehicles in CO-OP online and offline play, they mostly boil down to planes.

1. Bots in planes

Now I know bots are pretty stupid and that they need some help by giving them other hardware to at least be a bit competetive. But I think there is a bit off an overshoot regarding weapons power and the bots "visibility powers". The bombs carried by bot planes are too destructive. In armor, once a bot in a plane has seen you, you are dead. It will make flyovers till it can realease it's bombs which because of their high destructive force over a large area with six of these bombs means you can't escape. Dead is furthermore ensured by the bots lack of teamwork (duh).

Tied in to the above is their visibility. Often have I observed that while I'm walking on foot they spot me and the above bomb mania happens. Now I wouldn't say it would be impossible to spot a single soldier on the ground, but at least practically impossible.

2. Human players in bot planes

This is what I absolutely hate since it ruins gameplay sometimes. Some of them are clueless, but some others just use them to grief. The only downside to these botplanes is that a player can't look around in them, so with some good tactics you can get away from the clueless.
The griefers just use the extraordinary manouverability to get a kill and create havoc with these planes bombs. The bombs on their own have as said a large area of effect, and these planes carry six of them. It means that you can without effort clear out an area of everything the size of all the Kashan bunkers without even being accurate where you drop them.

Ideally I'd like to see no bot planes on CO-OP online, or make them unusable for human players, decrease bomb destructive powers and less visibilty for spotting infantry on foot for bots.
Alex123 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
coop, planes