project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Suggestions Archives
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2006-07-26, 11:25   #11
Bob_Marley
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik
I noticed today how ridiculously innaccurate the DMRs are. The SPR seems pretty much perfect, but the Dragunov and Type 98 are ridiculous. What's the point in having the sniper rifle if it's deviation and settle time are actually worse than an assault rifle? From 50m away, marksman vs rifleman should result in the marksman winning. I think their stats need adjusting so they're at least level with the assault rifles, they should be outperforming all the assault rifles without having to wait hours for the rifle to magically prepare itself.
Exactly, in relaity you can "reach out and touch" some one with an SVD at 600m, and as the ranges for snipers in BF range (generally) from 50-400m why the hell is the drag so damn inaccurate? I'm annyoied by this, and I'm not even a sniper (cant use the things for toffie). Ah well, I suppose some one is going to yell "balance" at me a minute, so I'll just wander off..

The key to modernising any weapon is covering them in glue and tossing them in a barrel of M1913 rails until they look "Modern" enough.

Many thanks to [R-DEV]Adriaan for the sig!

Tags
accuracy, riffle, sniper