project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2010-09-13, 08:45   #10
Bonsai

Default Re: CO questions related to the victorious PR team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Denmark View Post
Does size matter

Will a clan or a tournament-team, or any similar pr team, have an advantage when it outnumbers an opposing team, like for instance clan A has 32 players, thus just enough to man all positions in a round, while clan B has 64 players, thus more than enough to man all positions in a round.

Does size matter when it comes to create a winning team?
Yes and No.

64 (using the numbers of your example) players to choose from doesn't automatically mean you will have the better team.

It`s all about skill.

First: Team skills:
If the 32 players are used to play together, know what they are doing and react faster and more effective they will win - even if they have only 25 players.

Second: Individual skills
Given the team skill level is comparable and both bring 32 players to the battle. Having 64 individuals to choose from will give you an advantage. You can now have a look on the individuals skills and create units according to their deployment. (I.e. a defensive unit full of patient players) And more important - you have more possibilities to deploy troops due to more possible combinations of good unit groups. Meaning you can have best choice players in (i.e) a good defensive unit and a good armored unit.
Whereas having 32 players will mean little to no choice - with a small chance that your 32 players just have the needed variety of skills. But in most cases your good defensive Squadleader will be a good armor player too (i.e.) and you will have to choose where to deploy him.
Bonsai is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
questions, related, team, victorious