project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2014-08-06, 14:59   #11
Spectrium
Default Re: Defense - How do you counter snipers?

As a sniper player i can give you something about that.

If i don't understand wrong, you probably want to set some defensive perimeters before you got shot right? Because there is only two thing that you may do against snipers. First: "Observe, observe, observe".. You may observe yourself as you may give spotter or ur own squad leader kit with gtld to someone who knows how to do this sh*t everytime. Second thing -said by many guys before me- is "Smoke" You should smoke your assets continuously but this is only for delaying time while your scout is scanning the area all the time. Because there is probably more patient guy against your asset who is only waiting a milisecond to locate where actually is that your asset then "BAM".

First strike is really important because there can be cas/armor/infantry rush after that depents on which asset died first. But if there is only one sniper team who wants to get kills you should leave assets for not getting "dead dead" situation and try to locate him. (For this time your medic should keep his head inside a shithole) After locating him just call for supressing assets like armor/cas/mortar or maybe a squad near his position. After threat is gone revive ur guys and "BAM" his 4 - 5 kills flied away...
Spectrium is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
counter, defense, snipers