project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2017-06-17, 02:20   #1
TBob
Default [HUD] Font Facelift

I thought I'd show something I've been working on for a little while.

For a long time we've had to deal with blurry text in the BF2 engine when running at more modern resolutions, but that can be a thing of the past.

Inspired after seeing the BF2 HDUI mod, I took a look at what they had and the method they used but found it somewhat lacking.

After fiddling around with BMFont source code I came up with a method to generate nice looking fonts that display at double the normal resolution.

These are some of the results, screenshots are all taken at 1440p:

There is of course a slight bump to memory usage Going through the font files I found that there seem to be a number of fonts that are essentially duplicates, for example scoreboardfont_8, squadcreationfont_6, and vehiclehudfont_6. Its possible that the UI elements could be updated to reduce the number of duplicates.

Without removing duplicates the current total size increase for all global and English fonts replaced is about 1.5 MB

This is now implemented by default, but I'll leave this download up (Updated 2018-02-17)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Y...F0SWhoNUhtb00/
Last edited by [R-CON]TBob; 2018-03-01 at 05:29..

Tags
facelift, font, hud