project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2017-08-23, 19:49   #1
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default New Vehicle Icons - High(er) Res Icons 32x32

Hello!

I have been working on a small project: new vehicle icons. The reason is that some icons dont really have a real hierarchy or a system of which vehicle is supposed to use which icon, like the BTR-60PB sharing the same icon as the MEC BMP-2, even though they are obviously completely different in terms of strength.

EDIT: Well, this has gotten a whole new horizon. Not only am I suggesting a new distinction/system for icons now, but I am also working on 32x32 icons (4x the resolution of the current ones). Spreadsheet is updated.

Dont scroll until icons finished loading or the page might display them wrong!
If it happens -> reload

[I can take down all icons I didnt make, if there are any copyright issues]

Main Changes:
  • 3 different shitbox icons: Shitboxes now have their own icon type. Its easy to tell the difference from "real" APCs now. Shitboxes with gunner exposed also have their own icon.
  • 3 different APC icons: Depending in strength/armor of the APC. As an example, BTR-60PB, BTR-80 and BTR-80A/BMP-2 (no ATGM) all have different icons
  • 3 different IFV icons: Another example; BMP-1, BMP-2, BMP-3 all have different icons now with the icons looking similar enough to immediately see the thread of an IFV with ATGM
  • 3 different Tank icons: Old/weak tank; Main MBT; Main MBT with ATGM
  • 4 different logi icons: 1 crate, 2 crates, 1 crate + armored, 2 crates + armored; all icons sharing the same style once again - its easy to tell a logi on the map
  • 6 different jeep icons: depending on wether or not they are a "cabrio", have a roof, or real AMRAP protection (soon!); and if they are armed or not. Another 7th icon just for the ammo techie
  • Helicopter distinction between CAS and trans: CAS helis now have 2 rotors, trans helis have 4 o 6
  • 3 different reconnaissance vehicle icons: Panther is not used as trans jeep anymore! Pubs will never ask for a ride in a scorpion anymore!
  • And the most important part: Main team support vehicles all share the same icon base. Those vehicle types are Shitboxes, APCs, AAVs and ATMs (AAV and ATM only heavy version). With the transportation vehicles (APC and Shitbox) having an additional horizontal line at the back to signal transport capability.

This might be a little confusing at first, but after 1h of using these you get used to them quite quickly! A little credit to [R-DEV]Mr.VdHeide for giving me ideas for some icons!

Let me know what you think, I hope this will get considered!

Last edited by CAS_ual_TY; 2019-03-30 at 14:17..

Tags
icons, vehicle