project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2018-01-24, 00:54   #23
crazygamelover

Default Re: CIVI Issue? Change? Bug?

I swear the intel lost for killing a civi was -10 for the longest time. Did it get changed recently? It seems unfair that intel gained for arresting a civi is greater than intel lost for killing one. That's probably why it's so easy for Blufor to reveal caches. Plus the fact that I don't think Blufor even needs to kill insurgents to gain intel, just wound them: in the past, the 2nd cache has been revealed before the scoreboard shows 50 kills for blufor (maybe that's been changed, but I honestly doubt it). It's easy for Blufor to reach the 50 kills [supposedly] required to reveal a cache, which isn't even necessary since the first cache is always revealed to them for free! All of this combined, it's no wonder Blufor has to put in virtually zero effort to reveal cache locations.

That being said, just because the cache location is known doesn't mean it's easy for Blufor to actually destroy it. IMO the devs have done a good job of providing insurgents, Taliban, etc. with the tools necessary to defend caches effectively. Civis are especially useful for building hideouts. But as of now, the ideas of civilian martyrdom, rules of engagement, and Blufor having to diligently search for hidden caches, are long dead concepts.

Sorry to get so melodramatic. Rose-tinted glasses can do that to me...
crazygamelover is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, change, civi, issue