project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2018-06-15, 13:17   #1
desolace1
Default Help me please understand how PR works

Hello everyone. I need some help in understanding PR gameplay and how to play it.

First of all, i never played BF2 before, tried it several days ago cus i was looking for a nice military/war fps with singleplayer bots/custom matches. BF2 has great atmosphere, teamwork, tactics, soldiers shouting orders/messages etc. Vehicles and maps are cool too.
The problem for me in BF2 is limited settings like i'd like to play on all maps, set my own amount of bots etc. it's very limited in BF2 so i was looking for more expanded mod allowing me to adjust everything how i want. Also shooting and hitboxes in BF2 are terrible, like some bullets are going through the enemy and i have to use 30 bullets to kill him. Or with sniper i sometimes need to shot 2-4 times which is ridiculous. Shooting/gun fights in BF2 are a pain, zero fun for me.

So i was looking and hoping for a more expanded mod or something and found PR. Unfortunately guys, it seems even worse than original BF2 for me. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or didn't set something in the settings but.. here are my feelings after first test match.

- some original BF2 maps are missing, why? Some of them were my favourite. And no option to choose between 16,32,64 map size?
- no minimap in the game, i don't know what and where is happening. Can't react, can't even find a point to capture because the big map shows i'm standing on the flag point but i don't see shit in 100m around me.
- bots are not talking and doing orders like in BF2. They move like 1km/h, camp or stay and do nothing. I run 10min thro the map and don't find anyone cus every bot is going in group or camping in bushes. In BF2 it's more dynamic, more things are happening like it's a real war.
- there are no medics and guys with ammo boxes, so this looks like i'm alone on the map.
- can't enter a simple vehicle cus it says i have no kit or something. Seriously? And i noticed bots stuck in vehicles in ridiculous spots for the whole game they were trying to drive out but with no succes.
- i was hoping for a better gunfights and hitboxes than BF2 but it's even worse with all the "vibrations". 0 fun from shooting, it's painful.

It looks like i play alone cus bots and their gameplay is 100 times worse than BF2. Instead of dynamic war atmosphere, chaos and bots shouting orders/messages it's quiet like i'd be in practice or playing paintball.
desolace1 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
understand, works