project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2018-09-21, 19:14   #30
DogACTUAL

Default Re: Project Reality is killing itself. From a fellow asset whore point of view.

Not at all, i know and come to realize more and more that you and others don't hold any big influence over gameplay and balance decisions. That power lies with people like alon and mats, who do a great job overall, but sometimes players like me get some triggerings with some balance decisions (AA system, for others TOW frontal armour nerf), but that's to be expected and everyone can have a dialoge together as long as noone is completely ignored or his opinion ridiculed/disregarded.

And in many cases what me and others would like to see in the game aligns with your perspectives mostly and if not, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I also have come to respect you way more and think you are a good player, especially since you stopped flaming me so much (should probably purge my signature lol).

The significant influence i am referring to is merely certain people being able to lobby/control who is being allowed entry into lower echelons of the 'team', like testing etc, because they have an ear with the decision makers and can feed them all kinds of BS about people they for some reason decided to hate on. Like 'hey don't accept this guy, he is nuts/hates the DEVs/is trying to create discord/is a trouble maker/is an asshat.
While people like this exist, this label is applied to many undeserving imo.

And in many cases decision makers will take their word for it, because they are their friends and they trust them. This creates an echo chamber and further puts a divide between certain camps in the community. What i realized is that from 'both sides' people have way more in common than they think and would probably like each other if it wasn't for that shifty dynamic going on behind the scenes.

The sad thing is that it is only if at all just a handful of people perpetuating this dynamic, but it thrives because people in the community rarely interact with each other outside of echo chambers.

Rhino probably isn't aware of this much because my guess is that he probably doesn't notice this stuff much because he is too busy and when he logs on is probably only focusing on development or forum stuff.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
asset, fellow, killing, point, project, reality, view, whore