project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2019-06-25, 05:08   #22
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Aircraft - Keyboard/Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
What do you mean by magnet mods? But ye the Flight Sim kit rabbit hole goes really, really deep... I've just finished customising my latest headset with a wireless TrackIR Clip that runs off the headset battery to keep it fully wireless, without any modifications to the headset itself so it wouldn't affect its 3yr warranty which was somewhat tricky. But ye some guys building entire SimPits
It's a mod for the Saitek X52 for more precise axes, the neodymium magnets that come installed are weak or become weak, and just adding an additional one to each axis makes all the difference, especially when trying to top off the tanks at 22 thousand feet and the tanker decides to start rolling into a 30 degree bank like he always does.

I did my wireless TrackIR TrackClip Pro so I can keep it in a box, dang things are fragile and I use my wireless headset for tons of stuff that doesn't require TrackIR. I have fun with the PC gear, but I haven't gone full sim-cockpit (yet). I use a second computer for some display offloading, and someone told me my setup looks like I'm piloting a Gundam:

(shameless blog plug: http://veterans-gaming.com/index.php...sops-and-diys/ )

Last edited by SemlerPDX; 2019-06-25 at 05:39..

Tags
aircraft, keyboard or mouse