project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
21 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2020-03-09, 23:29   #1
WeeGeez
Supporting Member

Default Help me fix this

So I have this error in PRLauncher
Quote:
Warning: Unable to load latest version information

> The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
Warning: Error loading available mumble servers

> The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
When I google this string, It points to certificates issue specifically.

So I'd like to source the ceritifcate, that used for the PR backbone server, in order to import it into my OS to see if this solves anything.

(offline accounts work, just not online).

Please don't tell me to update OS. I am confident that there is a mere sleight of hand needed here. I have tried so many things and over a long period, Ironically I never actually noticed the file PRLauncher.log in mods/pr folder before. It has helped to narrow the problem considerably, as I say, it suggests the issue is certificate related.

FWIW TLS 1.2 is enabled on XP (which is actually Embedded Edition, and as far as I know is still used by businesses of which I have worked for in the past, even as recently as late as december last year in fact). Embedded Edition aka POS 2009 actually still recieves regular updates to this day.

Cheap computer build / fast track upgrade for slow computer for PR > Guide
Last edited by WeeGeez; 2020-03-10 at 02:16..