project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2021-12-02, 02:44   #19
BigBigMonkeyMan
Supporting Member

Default Re: Civilian penalties not apparent enough

Well the real deterrent is the loss of intel points. Sure it's funny seeing a player with -500 points (especially an experienced one) but as a civi, I don't care about my points that much (though it would be awesome if a civi that got martyred a lot showed up near the top of the scoreboard). But to players that haven't read the manual in detail, intel points and the role civis play are really not easy to see or measure. I know an "intel point counter" would be super gamey and unrealistic, but some way to measure progress of intel points would be good. There are already plenty of automatic server messages that appear during insurgency games, so maybe some immersive dialogue regarding to progress towards revealing the cache could be good, such as "Slowly recovering intel" and then maybe closer to the necessary amount "Intelligence division processing intel reports."
I don't know how possible audio of this type of thing would be. I mean, once there are 50 tickets, a siren goes off that is not in game but is sent to every player individually. Same with the new commander event. BF2 used to have alerts when the enemy capped flags. I would assume it would take a little bit of work, but having those types of audio alerts could be more immersive than bright green or orange text at the top of the screen and could make everyone more aware of what is going on.
As far as civi gameplay, I agree that the breaching shotgun is OP in the arresting of civilians and I know the reason it is the way that it is (inventory slots), but on insurgency maps maybe replace the restraints on the breacher kit with the old bean bag shotgun.
I agree giving the civi some sort of weapon could make the civi-blufor meta more tense and interesting. RKGs are too powerful though, and in the right hands a pistol could be. But a six-shot revolver with two mags in reserve and booby trap grenade I think would be just the right balance, but only make this a limited kit, 5-6 per team.
I also think the civi-timer should be lowered to 1:45.
These changes would buff the civi, but making players more aware of that cost to their team, I think it would also lead to less civilian killing.

"We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.' Today we celebrate our independence day!"
BigBigMonkeyMan is offline Reply With Quote