project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2022-05-24, 01:47   #1
Bonecrusher1
Default 1.7.0.0 Updated all sniper rifles to only have one zoom level.

1.7.0.0 Updated all sniper rifles to only have one zoom level.

I'm not sure if this was done as a realism modification, or a gameplay modification (nerf)?

My thoughts:

1. This change may not be unreasonable on smaller maps like Muttrah City, but it makes the sniper rifles unrealistically useless on 4k maps (Saaremaa, etc).

2. If this was intended as a nerf, to reduce sniper effectiveness, I think there are better ways to accomplish this, while still letting the sniper focus on priority targets as an effective long range kit.

A. Make sniper rifle take longer to select
B. Increase time to steady after movement, and shots
C. Make the second zoom level the "back up sight" so the sight picture must be broken to change zoom

Overall, I don't think the kit was over powered (even on Muttrah) with the two zoom levels. It is true the kit, when used by a skilled player and unopposed by enemy team work, could control a large area, but this is realistic.

Sniper kit was easily suppressed by counter fire, and easy to rush if not supported by friendlies, especially when remaining stationary.

Against a coordinated team, it was usually not possible to remain in one location for more than a few shots.
Last edited by Bonecrusher1; 2022-05-24 at 01:52..