project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Old 2013-09-04, 01:40   #1
stix45
Default Can't Pick Up Enemy Kits

Whenever i'm out of ammo, the bots tend to ignore me unless its grenade ammo,
so since of this i try to pick up any kits on the field.

However not all allied bots die easily, so instead i rush to the nearest enemy body to pick up his kit, but whenever i pick it up it instantly tells me to drop the kit even if it's a kit like the Rifleman,Insurgent,etc.

Is this a feature or bug thats implemented?
stix45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 01:56   #2
splatters
Default Re: Can't Pick Up Enemy Kits

It is a feature to prevent you from using enemy kits, especially the important ones that the team only gets one or two (Heavy AT for example) for a multitude of gameplay and realism reasons. I wish there was a better way to implement that restriction, but so far nothing better has come up.

BTW, multiplayer is where the real PR is, cooperative is there pretty much to replace the old training mode! Stop killing bots and start fighting with human teammates and opponents, it's a much more rewarding experience. Good luck!
splatters is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 02:02   #3
Gracler

It's a 1.0 feature.

I think it was primarily implemented to make it easier to tell who is friendly or enemy by the sound of the weapons.

You can disable this feature if you in the launcher under Options -> Global check the box for "Enable Local RCON commands.

Now when you started playing the map you type this through chat (press J, K or L)

Code:
Rcon debug
followed by

Code:
Rcon onefaction
Gracler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 02:22   #4
stix45

Alright thanks for the answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatters View Post
It is a feature to prevent you from using enemy kits, especially the important ones that the team only gets one or two (Heavy AT for example) for a multitude of gameplay and realism reasons. I wish there was a better way to implement that restriction, but so far nothing better has come up.

BTW, multiplayer is where the real PR is, cooperative is there pretty much to replace the old training mode! Stop killing bots and start fighting with human teammates and opponents, it's a much more rewarding experience. Good luck!
And i do play multiplayer servers both Co-Op and Non Co-op, I Just go to singleplayer for the heck of it sometimes .
stix45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 23:49   #5
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatters View Post

Maybe he doesn't wanna play Multiplayer all the time?
He could be waiting for the new players to leave soon before he joins back in.

But yeah what the other guy said..;

Code:
rcon onefaction
(It makes so you can pic enemy kits up no problem)
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
enemy, kits, pick