project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)

Old 2009-10-29, 11:06   #101
Taliban-IED
Banned
Default Re: INS mode no longer fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaticPenguin View Post

Taliban-IED, setting off a 500lb explosive in a dusty environment is going to produce a lot of dust ^_^. Plus it's something insurgents can use to their advantage. (Set off an ied for a smoke screen, leading people into an ambush/landmine). Also, the RKG is a shaped-charge grenade, which is designed to penetrate armour by using a thin molten jet, and unless you hit someone right between the eyes with one of them it wouldn't do a whole lot of damage. When used against armour I believe they have a penetration of about 125mm RHA, which is about 1/2 that of the RPG-7, so it has no chance of getting through the shell of APCs. Their best use is against Humvees, which you can sometimes one shot with the things, so they make a very good weapon when accompanying an ambush.
Well if rkg have penetration of rpg 1/2 then it should take 4 rkgs to destroy apc. But now its does same damage to apc, like bullets to the red cross car in falluja. Stryker have 114 mm armour, well 125 - 114= ?
Old 2009-10-29, 11:33   #102
Wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
agree with everything OP said (except making the AK more accurate as i find it fine now, and no zoom for PKM plz).

How to fix INS (mainly iraq ins maps as taliban is fine):

Lower spawn time for INS
Limit civi and lower spawn to normal and give BLUFOR the huge spawn time for killing a civi.
more spawns.

job done, ammirite?
That seems about right.

What I'm seeing is that the biggest issue with insurgency is simply the players themselves. I enjoy insurgency, but its when half the team is building a firebase on the edge of the map that kills the gameplay for me.

I could go on about what people should be doing while playing insurgency, but I haven't got time right now, the random FOB building just annoys me the most.
Old 2009-10-29, 21:43   #103
Wags

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
the only thing i want implemented into pr at the moment.
Could somebody explain to me exactly what focal zoom is? Is it a zoom in, but zoom without sighting your weapon? Is it like when you right-click when your LMG is in the "3" position? I just don't know. (A bit off topic )
Old 2009-10-30, 14:54   #104
AquaticPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliban-IED View Post
Well if rkg have penetration of rpg 1/2 then it should take 4 rkgs to destroy apc. But now its does same damage to apc, like bullets to the red cross car in falluja. Stryker have 114 mm armour, well 125 - 114= ?
RHA is rolled harmogenous armour, it's a way of measuring weapons penetration relative to each other - This type of armour was used in the beginning and is very basic. Modern armour is much tougher and made from composites of different materials. Your analogy of the RKG is not the same either, if a particular weapon cannot penetrate the armour then it will do no damage to the vehicle or the squishy things driving it.
Old 2009-10-30, 19:48   #105
Herbiie

INS mode no longer fun - not true.

INS mode is the most fun I've had, either defending a cache heavily out gunned and outnumbered or driving through Al basrah in a Landi. Both are amazing.

The only thing I agree with is the civi things - come on, it's a shootable offence to throw rocks at people? it's a shootable offence to heal someone? and also - there's basically no punishment for people who shoot civvis.

Also I agree with the houses being destroyed costing tickets - that's someone's house. You shouldn't be able to just run around yelling "Yeehaw" blowing up everything in sight.
Old 2009-10-30, 20:01   #106
PlaynCool

The way i see it Insurgency is verry cool gamemode, only complain is about collaborators, but nobody is perfect .Nice mod you got there.
Old 2009-10-31, 18:08   #107
Lan

Another thing that needs changing imo is the when caches are upstairs in buildings like on Basrah, you throw the incendiary and leg it downstairs to get out but it already blows and a lot of the time kills you on your way out which i think is a little harsh.
Old 2009-10-31, 18:25   #108
scope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbiie View Post
Also I agree with the houses being destroyed costing tickets - that's someone's house. You shouldn't be able to just run around yelling "Yeehaw" blowing up everything in sight.
Yep, great idea.
Old 2009-11-01, 14:36   #109
Albatross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim270 View Post

- Destroying houses should also cost a ticket atleast.....
Makes sense ..

As for Insurgency .. it has it's ups and downs
Old 2009-11-03, 15:03   #110
AquaticPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbiie View Post
Hmm- But equally, I doubt people would be happy with insurgents/taliban seeking refuge, bullying their way around and using their house as a firing position.

Tags
fun, ins, longer, mode