project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2009
25 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-15, 21:21   #161
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Statics] The ACVs (Armoured Command Vehicles)

If it was just the vehicle on its may be a slight problem but with there being a huge tent sticking out its rear end any player should soon realize it can't be used as a vehicle.

Old 2009-11-15, 21:28   #162
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

would be hilarious if they could drive it away with the tent still attached, but trailing on the floor with the contents of the command post being thrown this way and that by the n00bs extreme acceleration and the commander chasing after it waving his arms in a futile gesture.

Old 2009-11-15, 21:30   #163
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

lol, remove wheels or tracks from it its commanding abilities for sure wont suffer from it while players will clearly understand thats it not moveable

^^lmao at Rudd

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Old 2009-11-17, 22:42   #164
TheOldBreed

*when* i see the amtrac deployed as a CP, i will blow my load haha

maybe you can add some antennas around it. i don't have a picture to supplement and explain it clearer, but in the books Shooter and Generation Kill, they both described a deployed makeshift CP as having a shed load of antennas and aerials around em. i'll try n find a photo - you might see em on the series Generation Kill, not sure.
Old 2009-11-17, 23:46   #165
barbdwyer22

Like a bunch of OE antennaes and stuff is what you are talking about I am sure, would be pretty cool to see that.
Old 2009-11-19, 05:25   #166
Darksidesix
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
also, I'd love it if one days these models were converted to ambulances or something, I mean the sultan is basicallly the same as a samaritan right? Would also be a nice prop for main bases, a field hospital (Not a real one) just the tents ingame with a red cross retexture
Yes, Rudd you would like to see Field Hospitals and I would like to see a Troop of 2 M777 155MM Howitzers in the Main as well.... adds to the realism of the main bases and FOBs instead of empty buildings all the time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post

As for the Picture of the Commander with his Full Fighting Order (i.e. Flat Vest, Helmet, and Webbing.) I think he should be stripped of all of that and be in a Tan or Olive T-shirt.... not sitting all rigid with all his kit on.... He should be comfortable and ready to command.... and maybe if you have time add a static model of a signaler sitting next to him to make it look like the radio guy working the radios... : )
Last edited by Darksidesix; 2009-11-19 at 05:35..
Old 2009-11-19, 06:01   #167
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldBreed View Post
maybe you can add some antennas around it. i don't have a picture to supplement and explain it clearer, but in the books Shooter and Generation Kill, they both described a deployed makeshift CP as having a shed load of antennas and aerials around em. i'll try n find a photo - you might see em on the series Generation Kill, not sure.
ye I know what you mean but in the case of this setup they are just using the antennas off the ACV, thou still can have external antennas setup but that's normally in the case of really large command posts when they have multiple ACVs parked up lots of people working there hehe.

Old 2009-11-19, 06:42   #168
loki1120
Banned

its called an "antenna farm" ill try and dig up a pic for you guys

on that arty in the FOB bit....would they be manable or boring automated ones like vanila???

http://images.absoluteastronomy.com/...em_antenna.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_BGvgroHHiOU/SU...ntennas%20.jpg
Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2009-11-19 at 06:53..
Old 2009-11-19, 06:52   #169
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

please use the "edit" button instead of posting twice, and we are well aware what they look like, thou this is the more common type of antenna you will see setup:

Old 2009-11-19, 09:00   #170
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

we have no edit buttons in this section oh Rhino PR God.

Closed Thread

Tags
acvs, armoured, command, static, statics, vehicles