project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2021-04-18, 18:02   #11
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: M1 Carbine is kinda useless in the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
You mis-read what i said...
See? This is what happens when you write a 2000 word essay. Any points you may be trying to make get lost in the wall of text, and readers don't put much effort into trying to understand what you are conveying. TBF, I had stated that I had not read your entire volume of lore related to the M1, missing the word 'carbine' completely and thought u were on about the Garand, thinking you mistyped .30-06 as .30. Definitely could hunt small game with .30 caliber rounds, like Wing-Walker wrote, pretty much a pistol round similar to the .357.

Old 2021-04-18, 18:04   #12
SemlerPDX
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: M1 Carbine is kinda useless in the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Varmint means a wild animal, typically small nuisances near middle or bottom of food chain that causes trouble for live stock/farms(fox, badger, coyote)...
omg - did you literally take the time to write out a definition of Varmint? lmfao!

I had misread / missed the 'carbine', but certainly not unfamiliar with the term 'varmint'.

Old 2021-05-06, 07:34   #13
H.N.Khan
Default Re: M1 Carbine is kinda useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm View Post
I dont like it. It takes too long to kill. Trading one shot kill for detachable mags is not worth it. I hate being forced into using it. The 1911 is better as a personal defense weapon than the m1 carbine.
That's not even an argument. That's more of a failure in reasoning. The carbine's role is very different as are the roles of the kits it comes auto assigned in. Perhaps if people stopped misusing their equipment, the rest of the squad could actually get something done.
Old 2021-09-05, 08:50   #14
Michael Z Freeman

It's the same in Forgotten Hope. I always avoid the Carbine because I can't aim with it properly and I always seem to be dead behind in a few seconds.
Old 2021-09-26, 15:10   #15
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Z Freeman View Post
It's the same in Forgotten Hope. I always avoid the Carbine because I can't aim with it properly and I always seem to be dead behind in a few seconds.
I wouldnt have a problem with the m1 carbine if it wasnt so useless and underpowered. Dont matter which game. Its always the same. Takes 3-4 shots to kill. Inferior to the one shot garand. If the m1 carbine is supposed to be more of an early pdw type weapon give it more ammo or something to balance it out.
Old 2021-10-02, 00:06   #16
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
I wouldnt have a problem with the m1 carbine if it wasnt so useless and underpowered. Dont matter which game. Its always the same. Takes 3-4 shots to kill. Inferior to the one shot garand. If the m1 carbine is supposed to be more of an early pdw type weapon give it more ammo or something to balance it out.
Medic USA ALT kit should be M1911 because medics werent supposed to use weapons but that is one that they would have.

If they could implement into the game a component similar to the civilian martyr system, where its against the ROE to fire on medics not engaging you with a weapon in the European theatre only. With a score penalty, spawn penalty and maybe invent a 3rd thing.

IRL nobody got punished for killing a medic unless its a confirmed kill situation and un-needed, extremely immoral. The enemy medic is similar to the nature of friendly medic. Logic would follow medic volunteers to be the most helpful with intel, duties, being peaceful in general

For pacific theater we should have the M1A1 STD and ALT completely un-armed medic, Doss style.
Old 2021-10-02, 00:42   #17
dcm

@Grump
We already have civilian medic collaborators ingame for the insurgent team. Nobody gives a shit and slaughters them anyway. Until they see their respawn timer. Outside of insurgency there is no reason to take POWs.

Just spit balling here. But what if there were incentives and trade-offs to taking POWs. Like there is no ticket cost for getting arrested but your respawn time is increased. And if you get killed as blufor POW after your civi/pow timer is up. You get something like being martyred. Ticket loss yes. But very fast respawn.
Old 2021-10-02, 04:45   #18
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
@Grump
We already have civilian medic collaborators ingame for the insurgent team. Nobody gives a shit and slaughters them anyway. Until they see their respawn timer. Outside of insurgency there is no reason to take POWs.

Just spit balling here. But what if there were incentives and trade-offs to taking POWs. Like there is no ticket cost for getting arrested but your respawn time is increased. And if you get killed as blufor POW after your civi/pow timer is up. You get something like being martyred. Ticket loss yes. But very fast respawn.
Next to the arrest function of the game. Taking in someone who surrenders as POW at a defensive flag under guard away from kits takes that person out the battle till executed. Thats one natural incentive. Since its the defense flag it doesn't reveal much if they decide to still comm their team. Incentives can be created hopfully for Project Reality: Virtual Reality needs to do this, hopefully we can get some PR team developers to start playing with VR devving, guiding that games development and learning VR development.

In my experience a few times, pre-firing with instruction for my squad to not kill the player, or to let people surrender has produced surrenders out of their fear and their want for amusement rather than death. I have taken a few salutes from un-armed enemy after this. They pop out hands up, not with weapon.