project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2007
29 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-27, 05:24   #11
ConscriptVirus

i have an old sb live! i hope its enough for this!
Old 2007-12-27, 05:27   #12
dbzao
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I have an onboard soundcard with no EAX support, but then I put my sound options in Software, High and EAX enabled and I can hear all of that. Of course players with better sound cards get better sounds, but you can get it pretty good even without one.
Old 2007-12-27, 05:46   #13
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Sounds awesome ingame. Extremley realistic. Outstanding job!
Old 2007-12-27, 05:54   #14
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
will it take anything special to get these sounds to work? like will i need a dedicated soundcard like a soundblaster FX or something?
You'll be fine mate. Creative cards generally sound better because of the way they mix sounds in game etc but you'll be fine. I mastered the distant sounds for both people with/without.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 2007-12-27, 07:37   #15
Clypp

I have waited so long for gunfire to sound like that from a distance. Your changes here might be the first to pull it off. Good work.

I trust the transitions are smooth and unnoticeable.
Old 2007-12-27, 07:46   #16
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clypp View Post
I trust the transitions are smooth and unnoticeable.
With single/burst fire, not noticable. With fully auto, there's a problem where the engine bypasses the distance delay. But it still works, gives off an echo effect.

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Old 2007-12-27, 08:01   #17
Oldirti

Ah yes, it's very good, it's getting up there w/ HL2 for production quality, but for accuracy on how it should sound at actual different distances, i think you guys did better.
Old 2007-12-27, 08:24   #18
MadTommy
Supporting Member

very nice work mate... sounds are soo much more important to me than fancy graphics to feel the game and get absorbed in it... love the changes.. sounds very....'realiistic'., i think that is the word i'm looking for.
Old 2007-12-27, 08:33   #19
Skullening.Chris
Supporting Member

Amazing. Reminds me of the great ambient gunfire sounds on Street (the one and only thing I like about that map )
Old 2007-12-27, 08:34   #20
Brood

Wow, this is freakin' fantastic, really adds a depth to battles and hopefully a new tactical element where we can chase down active gun battles on large maps by keeping our ears open.
Closed Thread

Tags
audio, distant, sounds, weapon