project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2009-10-30, 21:37   #11
snooggums
Default Re: Massive, well planned Insurgent IED/mine field in fallujah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grauers View Post
Im glad you liked it!

Thanks for the tip with Xfire, i've tried it too but i thought it was a bit complicated but i guess ill give it another try some time, hopefully ill have a video of something similar to this in the future.
The current interface for videos is very easy in xfire.

Bind a recording key (same key to start and stop, I use the keypad '-' for video and the keypad '+' for screenshots in the options.

In game hit the key to start or stop the video, it puts a little notice at the top to let you know it is recording. Hit the key again to stop recording.

When you exit the game (or minimize I think too) a screen will pop up and ask if you want to upload the screenshots and videos and other than typing descriptive text just has yes no/what size to encode the video as (normal or half).

Always wish I'd hit the button shortly before shooting down a chopper with an APC or some such silliness
snooggums is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 22:19   #12
Grauers

Ill check it out, thanks.
Grauers is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 23:16   #13
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Great story reminds me of setting up an epic 200 piece ied field on ramiel with 12 sappers, running cars back and fourth from the cache... too bad we didn't see any big convoy like yours
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 23:35   #14
woodzkiller

Posting of illegal software is against the policy of this forum. User has been warned
Last edited by LeadMagnet; 2009-11-02 at 16:17..
Old 2009-11-02, 08:04   #15
Meza82

good story! its experiences like these (that read like actual combat report) with real world weapons, vehicles, and tactics that makes PR so freaking cool. a video of this would have been nice as its "live" and not staged.
Meza82 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 11:22   #16
Mad-Mike

Great story, I like setting up IED's every now nd then.
As of fraps It works for me with the sound in game and mic and I have the full version of it.
pm me for details.
Mad-Mike is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 04:48   #17
mosinmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared_420 View Post
the way it was meant to be played,,,, patience certainly pays off as insurgent (even if ya dont win) but the adrenaline rush is amazing from a video game in an office chair,,,, grab a beer and cool off hahah
I know how that is! It was Al Basrah, the INS had a cache on the island behind their main. So I actually go it solo, I swim up to it, I see them running to the south side where they are beind fired on. I literally am 5 feet from them sometimes.
I finally track down their cache, and guess what? There were TWO there! So they blow, and I grab an Al Quids, and sneak rambo some guys, and get back to the allies.
Even as blufor you can get an adrenaline rush.
mosinmatt is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aar, fallujah, field, ied or mine, insurgent, massive, planned