project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2005-02-17, 00:02   #11
starwarsfan11

most likly the bipods are for show they do nothing
starwarsfan11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-12, 15:23   #12
starwarsfan11

ok just confirmed they are for show
starwarsfan11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-12, 16:44   #13
solodude23

Sometimes EA can be retarted. The Bi-pods actually deploy on things in front of you, like tables chairs, ledges, etc, and yet they do nothing to help your accuracy. Its completly worthless they made it like that.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-12, 17:25   #14
Figisaacnewton

From what i have seen, in bf2, the saw model (and rpk and the chinise thingy) all just have thier bipods out, and you cant change it. in the loop movie, inthe 2 aluminum hut things, one of the guys is holding his saw, the other one is mounted.
it could be easy just to have 2 auto modes, just one with a bipod out. and the bipod mode, the accuracy is a lot better while prone, but maybe a little worse in the other positions.

or you could have the gune deployable like a mortar... but i think with fire modes, itll be fine.
Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-03-13, 11:10   #15
Tomcat

Quote:
9. Can you let us know a bit more about the damage model both in players and vehicles. So far we know from previous interviews that vehicles with low health will not be immobilised. What about players? Are there going to be any consequences for players that have low health like: limping, blurry vision, slower speed, no sprint, less accuracy, more drift on scopes/sights or more recoil or will the ragdoll physics allow for the body to be pushed back (crosshair goes up) every time you get shot? If not, do you think that adding such features will make the job of the medic/engineer far more important and is it provision so that moding teams be able to easily add such features?

A: We have not implemented any of these items, for the same reason as above.
They weren't very specific about the mods in my question....

Another thing...and maybe is different post..but anyway...is about coop maps...I know coop in BF2 will be like conquest with bots...but I don't know what options would be to have coop like JO or OFP...which is mission based...if the AI is that good as DICE is braging then we can have OFP2 in our hands...
Tomcat is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bipods, bleeding, damage, effects, setting