project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 2013-04-02, 03:37   #21
xGHOST11x
Default Re: Someone to guide me would be nice

Ok. That makes sense. And overclocking is something i probably wont touch anyways, so that isn't a concern for now. I definently appreciate your help on this. So much stuff to learn. Ill definently be busy with deciding on my final build. Can you recomend any websites/books that will benefit me in learning what the different parts do and their specs?
xGHOST11x is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 03:52   #22
LITOralis.nMd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I'm not too sure I have any good links,

Youtube has plenty to offer:
Newegg.com has this video series:
Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 1 - Choosing Your Components - YouTube

This reddit has good links in the righthand column:
Build a PC

Tom's Hardware is a very large site,
Systems Forum

This Wiki has most of the knowledge you'll need:
Build a Computer - PC Wiki Guide - IGN

And a word of advise, treat every component extremely carefully, and make sure you discharge any static electric buildup on your person before touching PC components.

Good luck!

LITOralis.nMd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 01:31   #23
Pedz
Supporting Member

if you ever want to compare products, the best thing is a quick google.

For example, once you get down to choosing GPU's, and what performance you want for the amount you can afford, just search

"*GPU Model* review", and search around the review page for benchmarks in games (if you're lucky there'll be a benchmark in there for a game you own, or want to play)

So again for example, I searched when building mine " 670GTX review" and looked at the data there

and to add to Litoralis' point about static, it is very important , if you don't own an anti-static wristband, you can make one easily.

Get selotape, and an open ended wire. Selotape one end of the wire to yourself, making sure you're touching the copper, or metal, and attach the other to some form of ground(metal) (i.e the computer case if it is metal)

Pedz is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, nice