project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2008-08-09, 21:10   #21
SGT.JOKER
Default Re: Effective use of the TOW on qwai river.

Epic. This awesome video proves the TOW HMMVVE is god on qwia when used right
SGT.JOKER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 22:01   #22
Fess|3-5|

The Chinese clearly have the advantage on that map. All a TOW can do is neutralize the Chinese Armor advantage, where as Tanks can engage APC's AND Infantry. Yes the USMC has APC's, but they are nowhere near as effective as the Tanks. And no, Little Bird's don't count, no matter how leet bhd you are with them.

Case in Point. Auto Rifleman 1, Gunship Littlebird 0.

Cool video though.

Oh and Marine, congrats, you killed a TF21 Tank Crew. Every dog has it's day. I don't bother to keep track of the number of TOW's and APC's I've killed, or the number of times I've gone 60+ - 0.
Fess|3-5| is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 04:57   #23
DeadboyUSMC

Hey, my photographic talents have made it into the PR forums! It's too bad I didn't get a screenshot of an earlier moment with the LB, where our SL LongShot100 capped the pilot while he was flying toward the Chinese side of the river, sending the LB crashing into the slope and flipping (while aflame, no less) over him. It was epic.

Anyway, yeah, don't get too excited you killed some TF21 guys, I'm sure we've handed you your ass a few times. We just don't brag about it. It is a war game, after all, you're supposed to shoot the other guy.
Last edited by DeadboyUSMC; 2008-08-10 at 05:23..
Old 2008-08-10, 05:34   #24
Sabre_tooth_tigger

No the map is good because usmc can defeat chinese with these tows and use of the helis for rapid movement, usually they fail but usually public teams are crap lets be honest and tanks are just easier to own with.
Its a nice map to play because tactics matter, its probably the way alot of usmc beach assault type maps should play but never get that far

I'd be more impressed if tf21 took the maps 'clear advantage' and turned it on its head, proving they make the difference

The chinese scout heli attempts a low angle attack run on these guys

Sabre_tooth_tigger is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 17:02   #25
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareBear View Post
arrr yer remember our run when .7 first came out? 40 + kills by the end of the round, the new supply trucks for transport were very nice targets indeed
o yea it was you, yea 40+ to 0 aswell right ? TOW hummers pwn so much, love em, been whoring the LB to much lately though, need moar tow action !

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 17:49   #26
ReaperMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_tooth_tigger View Post
I'd be more impressed if tf21 took the maps 'clear advantage' and turned it on its head, proving they make the difference
We have , but it's not about 1 squad, it's about the whole team.
ReaperMAC is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
effective, qwai, river, tow