project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Squad Leader Tactics
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)

Old 2010-05-12, 22:10   #21
PFunk
Default Re: Squad leading as 'BLUFOR' on insurgency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4gi View Post
If they suck just kick em.
That too. :P
PFunk is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 16:30   #22
Cavazos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChizNizzle View Post
Yeah this is the right thing, but everybody just runs out of main at the start "IMA GET 10 CACHES OMG!"

Wouldnt it be easier to wait and prepare (especially with mumble) for those 3 mintes until a cache is revealde, defend main until then...
Haha, I've wondered that myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tophatter94 View Post
Exactly.

I play too many games as SL (Just games in general, not limited to INS, but mostly INS), where I'll try to get some sort of info on an area by stopping and doing a recon of my surroundings. When I do this, all I get from my Squad Members is: "Squad Lead, I think we should, like, do something." "Wags, your taking too long." "Squad Leader, this is boring. You suck."
Just tell them why the squad is there and the importance of it.

You want them to feel more elite by doing what others wouldn't do. If a gamer is going to stay in a spot for a long period of time, your going to need something to help a gamer stay there. That includes motivation, rationale, elitism, and even socializing to take the person's mind off of doing sitting around in the same spot for 15 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megagoth1702 View Post
Guys I need help.

I tell my SQD to stick with me, I tell them to keep up but when one gets shot we have to stop, more people get shot. In the best case we just get slown down and can sprint up the way but in the worst case we all get killled because of that. Keeping on the move is really important.

HOW do I make myself clear talking to those guys...? What are the magic words? Keeping on the move is so effin important! And when is it better to leave the dead guys dead?
Sprint up the way? What are you talking about? Do you mean to the position the man is getting shot at or away from where the fire is coming from? You need to be more clear.

If your sprinting to make up for lost time because your squad stopped to take care of the firing problem, you need to slow down. You just took fire from the enemy which you took down and now your sprinting? You know what that means. No weapons are up defending while your squad is hauling ass to whereever.

If your squad is moving and the squad takes fire, what you do depends on what your mission is. If your goal is to keep moving without stopping at all while under fire which is essentially a risky rush, than you need to tell your squad exactly and clearly what to do when under enemy fire.

Quote:
22.SAS SGT|Maxsom[UKSF]:
  • "Squad, if you take fire, run your ass. We need to get to Building X or Objective Y ASAP. Remember, if you take fire KEEP MOVING. Keep your weapon facing the direction of the fire and be ready to return fire but KEEP MOVING. Our in-game mission depends on that."
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4gi View Post
If they suck just kick em.
If only we all had your skills laggy.
Last edited by Cavazos; 2010-05-14 at 16:44..
Old 2010-06-13, 22:23   #23
centralhigh76
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
slow is smooth smooth is fast - unknown quote
That quote is by Samual Jackson in the movie 'SWAT' (Great movie BTW )

And nice guide I feel the same way with my SLing style!

Now for the insurgent guide that I cannot do well

centralhigh76 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-13, 23:32   #24
goguapsy

Do this (if you make a squad before the beginning of the round):

1- Mic check, see if everyone listens to you.
2- Kit assignments
3- "First I will make a non-jerkness test. If you pass, you will remain on this squad. If not, bye bye."
Round Starts
4- "Everybody line up on that wall with the marker NOW!!"
5- "Congrats everyone, you guys passed the non-jerkness test. Now I know I can trust you guys and you guys can trust eachother."
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 02:58   #25
dtacs
Supporting Member

[VEOH][/VEOH]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
+1, Blufor often lose because they took a cache down and then couldn't/didn't extract
Absolutely, its an invaluable piece of advice. I often drill it in by saying 'its ALL about the cache, its all about the cache' over and over again before we move in.

So many squads get caught up in the killing system that the op often drags on needlessly.

My squad destroyed 7 caches in 50 minutes on Karbala, simply because we didn't give a dam about our own lives. Unfortunately, its sacrifice in the name of realism but it gave bloody good results where the 25 tickets made up for our deaths, and then some.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 10:53   #26
nir0

great post
as a commander player i'd suggest you to use COM to keep the rest of squads informing about what are u doing.
nir0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 00:04   #27
LegioX

Holy **** 30 kills?!??!! Ok but I usually prefer to use marksman over rifleman. I usually have him solo cover from about 150-300m out to watch the entry point. I mean 5 people is plenty for cqb assaulting and there's bound to other squads around you. But ppl don't realize that the enemy freakin almost always comes up behind you.
LegioX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 05:35   #28
Wo0Do0

Both are viable strategies here , You can either wade through the swamp or Get A FOB going just equi-distance to any possible cache, and defend that shit until a cache is revealed. + what gazz said.
Wo0Do0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-10, 05:37   #29
Wo0Do0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
[VEOH][/VEOH]
Absolutely, its an invaluable piece of advice. I often drill it in by saying 'its ALL about the cache, its all about the cache' over and over again before we move in.

So many squads get caught up in the killing system that the op often drags on needlessly.

My squad destroyed 7 caches in 50 minutes on Karbala, simply because we didn't give a dam about our own lives. Unfortunately, its sacrifice in the name of realism but it gave bloody good results where the 25 tickets made up for our deaths, and then some.
Don't matta, you take out 7 you're done, either you go all-in with full force with everything backing you up, or you sneak into that cache and pray they don't kill you as you scramble for that incendiary.

Like you said, all about the cache.
Old 2011-05-10, 05:39   #30
Wo0Do0

wow.. nvm dead thread

Tags
blufor, insurgency, leading, squad