project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)

Old 2006-11-11, 11:04   #31
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]eggman
heh yeah unfortunately we kinda screwed up when we forgot to turn PB back on during testing.

and unfortunately PB is a VERY necessary evil.

sh*t happens.

but... well.. we should be releasing on the 11th for most folks .. that's not too bad given that we set the date some 6 weeks ago

even better when you think we had no clue if we could get it done in time when we set that date

yeah you have atually impressed me with that ability to set a deadline.

i only like to set a deadline when it is sort of 5 mins before being released so i know that every thing works fine

it would have been interesting not to announce it atall even when it is released to see how quickly it takes the conunity to realise.

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Old 2006-11-11, 11:05   #32
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
heh yeah unfortunately we kinda screwed up when we forgot to turn PB back on during testing.

and unfortunately PB is a VERY necessary evil.

sh*t happens.

but... well.. we should be releasing on the 11th for most folks .. that's not too bad given that we set the date some 6 weeks ago

even better when you think we had no clue if we could get it done in time when we set that date
Well, you did... Sort of. You said that anything not ready by the 11:th would go into the Big Void aka "Later Release".

{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...
Old 2006-11-11, 11:12   #33
Nutronic

Right so let me get this right.

At 9pm TONIGHT the folks, like me, in the United of Kingdoms can our hands on this 0.4?
Old 2006-11-11, 11:14   #34
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutronic

At 9pm TONIGHT the folks, like me, in the United of Kingdoms can our hands on this 0.4?

YES!!

Harrod200:"Fire.exe has committed an illegal operation and has been shut down"
Raniak : "Warning: May crash if fired upon."
M4sherman: "like peter pan but with tanks"
[R-MOD]Eddiereyes909 (on sim tower) "It truly was the game of my childhood and has led to me getting my degree in industrial engineering."
Old 2006-11-11, 11:17   #35
eggman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJr
Well, you did... Sort of. You said that anything not ready by the 11:th would go into the Big Void aka "Later Release".
heh uh...... that's a rather silly comment given you have absolutely no idea how much is in this release (which btw we do as a hobby).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutronic

Assuming Bill Gates isn't lying to me about "time remaining" and his operating system doesn't crash. Or my ISP goes tits up. Or I slip and hit the cancel button. Or... heh.. yeah, assuming all that is ok ..*something like that*.

Cheers!
egg

Old 2006-11-11, 11:22   #36
Nutronic

Any screenies released yet?
Old 2006-11-11, 11:46   #37
Topf

Hey Dudes...the features in 0.4 will propably make me return...
Sounds too promising!!!
Old 2006-11-11, 11:46   #38
=|Azeitona|=

Quote:
sh*t happens.
Must be in my sign
Old 2006-11-11, 11:58   #39
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
heh uh...... that's a rather silly comment given you have absolutely no idea how much is in this release (which btw we do as a hobby).
Come on.... Give me a break! You know very well that I know what a tremendous amount of work you guys put into this mod.
Well, Ok, my comment wasn't that clear perhaps but was NOT intended as a negative remark against the team.
What I meant was that you have stated numerous times that anything you couldn't get to work at least partially as you wanted would be taken off the 0.4 release to be added, when fixed, to a later release.
Hope that makes more sense....

Quote:
Assuming Bill Gates isn't lying to me about "time remaining" and his operating system doesn't crash. Or my ISP goes tits up. Or I slip and hit the cancel button. Or... heh.. yeah, assuming all that is ok ..*something like that*.
Murphys' law.... If anything CAN go wrong, it WILL go wrong.
Yes I am an optimist.

{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...
Old 2006-11-11, 13:44   #40
=|Azeitona|=

Here, just at 6 PM to download. Now its 11:45 AM

Tags
1100, 11th, honolulu