project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Modelling & Animations
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Modelling & Animations Everything but Static Objects

Old 2013-02-26, 05:04   #31
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Model] RPG-29 [WIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Spush View Post
Think the UV needs a lot more work tbh. I'll let someone with more uvw mapping experience than me help out.
Ye, the UV is pretty bad tbh. Lots of wasted space that you could up the pixel ratio of your entire weapon with. Also it looks like your for some odd reason doing two sheets for one weapon going by how you've done your packing, it should be a single sheet, at the most 2048x1024 if kept in that ratio unless you want to make the scope or some other detachable part a septate sheet so it 1, doesn't need to be loaded when not used on the weapon and/or 2, the scope can be used on other weapons (like the ACOG is used on the M16, M4 and SA80s etc).

This is also not to mention the mesh needs a lot of fixes before UVing should even start..

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2013-02-26 at 05:13..
Old 2013-02-26, 11:06   #32
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

k, any specific or techniques that can be looked up to further optimize the model? Yeah, he didn't know that the texture could also be rectangular instead of squared. So he quickly repacked it when I told him about it. Now frede has some RL stuff to take care off so next update will be in a while but like I said any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 12:00   #33
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

check post #27, and is the projectile physically loaded into the tube like the RPG-7/M20 or not, because either way it needs optimizing, but if its only a projectile, then it needs serious optimization, and the projectile version should be much more optimized anyhow but if its part of the 1p animation then it still needs some optimization, as per post #27

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 13:29   #34
[R-DEV]Mineral
Supporting Member

yeah, I'm unsure if this weapon can even be reloaded by one man. I'm guessing to do it like the SMAW or other HAT kits? I'll look into how their rockets are done.

Old 2013-02-26, 14:08   #35
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

M20 is two man weapon too but we have one guy reloading it ingame, but if its loaded like the M20 then probably do it the same way.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 05:00   #36
Lange

Very pleased this is in the works and I believe it should be a very limited pickup kit for the INS. The RPG-29 was used in iraq and other battles with insurgents and would be a nice addition to gameplay. Give the ins a nice weapon to combat heavy armor and reduce reliance on suicide vehicles.
Lange is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 06:59   #37
waldov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange View Post
Very pleased this is in the works and I believe it should be a very limited pickup kit for the INS. The RPG-29 was used in iraq and other battles with insurgents and would be a nice addition to gameplay. Give the ins a nice weapon to combat heavy armor and reduce reliance on suicide vehicles.
I totally agree
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 06:31   #38
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

And i dont agree, why make Ins any more conventional that it needs to be? It can deal with enemy armor just fine atm, all it needs in that direction are more "claustorpohobic" maps with less open areas.

lucky.BOY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 19:04   #39
[R-DEV]Mineral
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Model] RPG-29 [WIP](SY)

p3d.in - rpg29

update. UV is also done I believe. Next is LODs. We spend a lot of time making sure we had everything optimized. (which on what UV, what objects need to be seperate,...)

Old 2013-09-08, 19:32   #40
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
Why is it like two squares next to each other? The left part could be packed more tightly, tbh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Also it looks like your for some odd reason doing two sheets for one weapon going by how you've done your packing... make the scope or some other detachable part a septate sheet so it ... the scope can be used on other weapons ...
This is also not to mention the mesh needs a lot of fixes before UVing should even start..
The right part of that sheet is an UV of our RPG-7V2 scope...

Since you're doing it for PR i dont get why you went through the import-fix process for the scope instead of using our own files.
Also you may not include it into main UV because texture for it should already be in the game and go for something like 2048x1024(512) texture like on SPG-9 (Rhino can correct me on this).

P.S. Don't we have the files from Z-Trooper, his RPG-29 was finished, modelling wise iirc?

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
model, rpg29, weapon, wip, wipsy