project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
25 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-24, 16:28   #31
Mr Smiles
Default Re: We want Kashan-Training back!

Well.. i liked kashan, first time i sniped, first time i used gernadier, first time i used HAT, first time i used a helicopter, first time i used a Jet., tank, bradley, AA.
Ofc a lot is still possible with coop.
Old 2010-08-25, 23:46   #32
bazza_1964
Supporting Member

My piloting skills actually improved after training mode was removed. And the coop servers are actually a good "bullpen" to warm up in, before going into PR multiplayer.

"Sir, I am unaware of any such activity or operation... nor would I be disposed to discuss such an operation if it did in fact exist, sir." - Captain Willard
Old 2010-08-26, 00:49   #33
velocity

The training mode was a huge help to me. Within the first week of having PR installed on my computer I never left the training servers, i loved them. Flying around in the little bird taking off, practicing landings on roofs and on bunkers in Kashan, evading enemy fire while you have the warning siren going off trying furociously to get back to main.

I would love joining a server and hopping into a vehicle while a friend would lase the static tanks and AAVs around the bunkers. Having the online training servers had its flaws like people puttin c4 on the runway and blowing it up on take off or landing but it also had its great moments. I met Katra on a training server, we both hoped into the A-10s he would put markers down on the map and we flew in formation blowing up vehicles and at times if the server didnt have FF turned on we would get into our prefered jets and attempt to shoot each other using the cannon while shaking each other off while dodging the AA below.

With Co-Op it also has its flaws like not having the assets of a certain faction on the Map and not having all the layers possible for the map E.g. Qinling. Yet it also has its great moments like the infantry on Ramiel being the biggest challenge in PR. Along with archer being the the only place to practice flying the chinook despite the terrain not being best suited to it in my opinion.

A training map will be the best compromise (other than gettin training mode back which wont happen) aslong as you can have 2 man vehicles, fast respawn vehicles and the assets of each faction being on the map. Perhaps a extension onto the current mains of Kashan to have 2 runways, hangers either sides and the vehicles of 2 factions in the base E.g. british vehicles and possibly kits with the US Vehicles and kits and in the other main the same layout but with MEC and PLA equipment. (im not sayin have 4 teams because that isnt possible but your allowed to take the vehicles an kits with only the 2 teams)
Also with the Germans coming out in 0.95 mabey have their equipent in one of the bases considering they use alot of the British assets only with different textures and having their kits on the floor could allow people to practise with different weapons and see how they each handle.

I realise what i suggested would take time and possibly wont happen but its just a idea that can be considered and improved upon and changed on how the PR team feel.

(sorry about my grammar, spelling and if my post doesnt really make sense but its late and im tired ill probably do a repost of it if its too confusing)
Old 2010-08-26, 01:12   #34
velocity

sorry for double post
Last edited by velocity; 2010-08-26 at 13:18..
Old 2010-08-26, 05:38   #35
Yrkidding
PR Server License Moderator

I must say that I think Training mode was good for me because it taught me how to fly choppers, the first time I went on one I got a guy to teach me how to fly a cobra, and for like 2 weeks after that everday I loaded up PR went to a training server and got a huey and most likely flew every inch of Kashan at one time or another. I had some great times flying with those few "diamonds in the rough" players doing like awesome formation flying and some infantry training (when the jets weren't spamming so much) and there was almost always one or more PR vets who would help anyone out if they had a question and needed help, I know that there were plenty of times where the real gameplay of PR was not represented but I also know that it did provide the basic skills for an online game and was good for a prep stage before going into the real thing. I think that there were some bad lessons that could be learned in Training mode,but I think those could be easily unlearned in the first couple of rounds in the real online play and that the benefits of the training mode outweighed (maybe not hugely) the cons of it. Having said that a training map or 2 would really all that would be required to get those advantages, and as Fluffy Bunny said some training mode I think is required. The training offered on CO-OP is not always great either however I'd also say that CO-OP does also outweigh it's disadvantages and is somewhat more realistic to actual gameplay than training however I do agree that some sort of training map(s) should be implemented back into the game.

Old 2010-08-26, 06:19   #36
Hunt3r

Actual training allows you to practice SEAD, which seems to be an especially deficient area of training for most things in general.
Old 2010-08-26, 15:59   #37
Bufl4x

How is bombing an AAV different than anything else? Wait for confirmed laze, drop bomb from waay up high and bingo, enemy air defense supressed.
The old training was nothing but spam and rape, unless you went on a low population server and actually organized some meaningful training with your friends.
Old 2010-09-04, 16:23   #38
WEIRDLITTLEBRO

I just installed PR on my computer. I'm brand new to the whole thing and I like what I see, except for one thing: I don't know how to drive, and I definitely don't know how to fly. All I want is a map to practice by my self. NO-BOTS. NO-OTHER PLAYERS. Just me, and all the vehicles and equipment in a local server. I'm not good with code so I can't make it myself. I just want to learn to fly without ruining the game for more experienced players by my lack of skills. And I don't want to wait 20 min to try again.
Old 2010-09-04, 16:25   #39
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

select coop, set number of bots to zero

Old 2010-09-04, 16:45   #40
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

You can't, the minimum is one. Still, that one should be a good substitute to a dozen people wasting their time by sitting around acting as source of your kill count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonelcool125 View Post
The mode trained people in the wrong way to play PR. When people take that knowledge to a real server, they could royally fuck up and piss people off.
Actually, when they went to a real server, they found it didn't have as many A10s and short spawn times as training mode, so they went back. I probably wouldn't be wrong assuming the entire 0.8 series had a sub-community of people who only knew the "training mode" side of PR.

Closed Thread

Tags
back, kashantraining