project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
13 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)

Old 2016-06-21, 19:30   #61
viirusiiseli
Banned
Default Re: Automatic Rifles OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerfand View Post
And the majority of the engagements are between 0 to 300m
So? My point was something is not a laser gun just because it can hit something on a range you could do so realistically.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-21, 19:45   #62
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Why do people always want to nerf everything that has a potential killing power?
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-21, 20:55   #63
Gerfand

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
So? My point was something is not a laser gun just because it can hit something on a range you could do so realistically.
What I mean is that you are going to use the LMG on it high accuracy zone on the majority of the time, and only in few engagements you are going to use that on a greater range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouthpiece View Post
Why do people always want to nerf everything that has a potential killing power?
At least me,(the necromancer of this post), just want it to be nerfed to the point where its encouraged to used as a suppress fire weapon, and not be used by lone wolfs... while at the same time not being garbage
I know that is a balance weapon, a bit to strong as you have super high accuracy while deployed, but not broke on any shape or form
Last edited by Gerfand; 2016-06-21 at 21:02.. Reason: wanna it
Old 2016-06-21, 21:52   #64
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

I get where you're coming from (your argument), but I don't see its relevance. You said that you mostly want the AR for be more of a suppression based weapon (as I think it's mostly used that way IRL) just because there are some bad apples who could use it as a solo-killing machine. I have been on a year break from PR, but in the last 2 months I seem to have returned, and I usually squad lead whichever squad I play in (except when I know that some other SL is better then me - then I tend to join his squad to soak up his mannerisms of leading the SQ), so I usually see which are the kits lonewolfs tend to request before getting kicked/leaving instantly after a request - and AR in most cases is not one of those kits (the most popular still is sniper, followed by HAT/marksman and even AA (because HAT and AA are so rare) and then the rest).

So I feel we should not fear the AR becoming a killing machine in a lonewolfs hands. Instead we should think of a potentially implementable idea about how to limit the possiblities of a lonewolf/kit-stealer to join a squad, request a kit and leave (or whatever are the other ways for him/them to get his/their hands on a special kit).

Whatddya say? Am I not a little bit right? We don't have to change things because of some bad apples (nowadays there are too many of them though), instead we could think of a way how to counter their tactics. Any ideas?
Old 2016-06-21, 21:55   #65
LimitJK

the point you seem to miss is that supression is about the fear to get shot. accuracy is no opposition, but necessity for supression. thats one of the reasons the marines are switching to the iar.

and about the range thing: the pkp (pkm?) scoped of the russian faction already reaches its limitations on appartement to appartement fighting on iron ridge and needs to be improved if at all changed
LimitJK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-21, 22:19   #66
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitJK View Post
the point you seem to miss is that supression is about the fear to get shot. accuracy is no opposition, but necessity for supression. thats one of the reasons the marines are switching to the iar.
This. And also this (the same thing).

This is a game afterall. I had some fear of dying in the first months of playing, but now I feel that the regular old competitiveness has beaten this fear out of me completely. I mean, I don't stay prone if someone is shooting at me IF I have gotten my crosshair on him before going prone - knowing where he is, I just pop up and return fire when I can do it without getting killed (though the success rate is not as big because the bigger the distance, the harder to hit the shooter while getting suppression effect because of his bullets flying by, so we can say that the suppression is working as intended). As nothing can really scare people in a game with a competitive nature.

Of course, not everyone plays the same as I do, especially now (in my last 2 month experience, after being away for a year) - I would say that there's a big influx of new players, and that means that suppression might work against them in both ways (both the blur effect and the real psychological effect, e.g., fear of getting shot, therefore going prone). But people who have played this for a year or one of the older players will keep on functioning under suppressive fire - returning fire, throwing grenades towards the shooter or even just zigzagging away from the bullets. I've noticed that nowadays a lot of people still haven't gotten their heads around the "minimum basics" of PR - especially the shooting mechanics therefore making them "easy to evade/kill enemy" in experienced person eyes.

And I can't imagine If the new players I have to deal with when squadleading (I mean, my squadmates) nowadays would be challenged even more by an AR that basically can only suppress and be less deadly as the killing range would be reduced drastically. In that case I would not ask for the default "medic, breacher, AR, LAT" setup, but I would probably always choose another rifleman in the AR's spot. Hands down.
Old 2016-06-21, 22:38   #67
Gerfand

you right, the Lone wolf issue can be solved w/ a good SQL that kick the player, but my problem is that I do not play as much as I played before, and when I play I don't go for the SQL spot, for language reasons (I am playing on NA servers as Divsul has a password that I don't want to get for other reasons), and often I see that guy using one kit and not even playing w/ the squad...
For the second player type, I think I will try to get the AR more often...

But anyway I still think the AR should get an annoying COD recoil, even if it applies only for me
Gerfand is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 02:59   #68
Murphy

Ar settle time compared to Rifle settle time balances most engagements to whomever starts their prayer to deviation deities first. Majority of the time the camping AR wins, but if gets suppressed and is forced to move the balance completely shifts into the rifles end of the scenario (this would be at mid-further ranges, in CQB the AR has such a high ROF and a belt of rounds which can be a real tide turner when you're barrel to barrel with an enemy).
Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 11:39   #69
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Quote:
What I mean is that you are going to use the LMG on it high accuracy zone on the majority of the time, and only in few engagements you are going to use that on a greater range.
That means you are using it right. And when you use something the way it's supposed to, it should perform.

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-26, 05:23   #70
solidfire93

Quote:
But anyway I still think the AR should get an annoying COD recoil, even if it applies only for me
what do really mean by suppression but not killing ?

you need a gun that can waste a lot of bullets and ammo but yet doesn't do any damage to the enemy team ?
solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic, rifles