project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2008
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-29, 22:57   #61
PlaynCool
Default Re: [General] Sprint & Stamina

Well when i tested i was playing Militia on Fools Road, local server, and i'm sure i sprinted for 30secs.
Old 2008-12-29, 23:47   #62
Teek
Supporting Member

I think Militia use light armour and receive more sprint as a result.

Old 2008-12-30, 00:33   #63
CodeRedFox
Retired PR Developer

....what ever happen to moving tactical as a squad and not a herd.

"apcs, like dogs can't look up" - Dr2B Rudd
Old 2008-12-30, 00:54   #64
scandhi

Because we are...
Old 2008-12-30, 01:18   #65
space
Banned

Great changes - Good balance I think.

The "jumping over minor objects problem" is frustrating, but the alternative is having bunny hoppers. The problem can be minimised by mappers in some circumstances, but in 0.8 is was often better to lose you stamina by jumping, than it was to lose your stamina by running around an obstacle.
Old 2008-12-30, 03:38   #66
Incomplete Spork
Banned

Why is the civlian sprint so short? That is just going to make people not want to play the class even less than it is now. For a civlian carrying some bandages,wrench,binocs', and a shovel he should be able to run very fast and for a long amount of time. The only way this change would be acceptable is if the spawn times have been lowered.

The civi is a much needed class for the insurgents because once they get hurt they are doomed unless they find a enemy medic kit or the civi drops them some bandages. Now we are talking like maybe 1 or 2 civis on the team so chances are that once you take a bullet you are down for the count.
Old 2008-12-30, 04:10   #67
McBumLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incomplete Spork View Post
Why is the civlian sprint so short? That is just going to make people not want to play the class even less than it is now. For a civlian carrying some bandages,wrench,binocs', and a shovel he should be able to run very fast and for a long amount of time. The only way this change would be acceptable is if the spawn times have been lowered.

The civi is a much needed class for the insurgents because once they get hurt they are doomed unless they find a enemy medic kit or the civi drops them some bandages. Now we are talking like maybe 1 or 2 civis on the team so chances are that once you take a bullet you are down for the count.
I thought so to, at first. But I'm liking the change now. For instance, with the other changes to insurgency, forcing the coalition to be much more aware of their targets to avoid shooting civilians, collaborators can now collaborate properly. Because they can't run as far, however, they can not lonewolf, or they'll be easily arrested. This will force them to cooperate with their squad, exactly what they should have been doing in the first place. And you shouldn't worry about having to hike anywhere either, because you will be cooperating fully with your squad. This should allow you to organize transport much more actively.

However, I cannot completely foresee the effects of this. These are my opinions based on what I believe are the DEVs' intentions. The only way we'll know what happens in 0.85, is to wait for 0.85.
Old 2008-12-30, 04:20   #68
xxkillerxx69

Yes I can run 10 more seconds so I won't die when crossing a street because my sprint runs out
Old 2008-12-30, 05:37   #69
Raic

So how much does the bar need to fill before able to run again? Right now its 1/3, any change on that?
Old 2008-12-30, 14:04   #70
hall0

Nice change
Closed Thread

Tags
general, sprint, stamina