project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2012-07-15, 12:07   #1
Captain_Pollard
Angry Can't use fixed assets

I was playing on a deployment server just a few days ago and jumped on a 50cal as ordered, but for some reason i couldn't use it, then i jumped on the mortar and couldn't use that either, i went around to all the fixed assets i could find and none of them i should shoot at all!!! But after i jumped on a 50cal fixed to a humvee and that worked, and so did the other gunning positions on all the mobile assets. The fixed assets are still not working and how can i fix that?

Thanks
Captain_Pollard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 12:58   #2
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Can't use fixed assets

You must wait some time, until you can shoot, form few second in MG to half minute in Tank.

Moszeusz6Pl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:17   #3
SShadowFox

^ this, also to use the mortars should have a fire mission request otherwise you won't be able to use it...
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 15:47   #4
Kevokpo

the manual will answer all your questions too, of course you can still ask if you want, but to show some respect to the ones who made the manual, would be good to have a look at it.

If you waited a while to fire them, maybe they were out of ammo. or as the other guys said, you have to wait about 20 seconds to fire the weapons.
Kevokpo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 02:12   #5
Professorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevokpo View Post
you have to wait about 20 seconds to fire the weapons.
Maybe you should read it to.. A 50cal doesn't take 20seconds
Professorson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 06:29   #6
Captain_Pollard

No no no guys, i know all of that i have been playing PR for 3 and a half years now, it is something to do with PR its self, i am not sure what it is........ i sat on a HMG for 10minutes, i played Co-Op with no need for fire missions and it still doesn't work, even if i wait and sit on the mortar.. something is wrong internally.
Old 2012-07-16, 18:21   #7
Kevokpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professorson View Post
Maybe you should read it to.. A 50cal doesn't take 20seconds
I never said 50 cal. I said WEAPONS, in general take longer time to fire them, like for example the TOW

Captain pollard, I never heard or read about that problem, have you tried in a coop server? and it also happens in online servers or just on the local servers you make? maybe you edited something?

Even so, I have no idea what it could be the problem.
hope somebody else can help you
Kevokpo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 22:55   #8
Orford

Check your key bindings in options/controls there is a fire key binding for each, default (on foot) vehicle, heli and plane. I'm not sure what setting the deployables use. It's worth checking for issues. Make sure if you use a joystick to fly you haven't overlapped the bindings with your mouse fire. The joystick should be in secondary fire ie the second colum. Mouse in first colum.

As I'm not sure if and what type of veichal is used for the deployables, key bindings is where I would start.
Orford is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 00:30   #9
Navo

Deployables are boats according to the engine.
Navo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 02:42   #10
Captain_Pollard

Okay thanks guys i will try everything again.

Tags
assets, fixed