project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)

Old 2013-08-11, 08:27   #1
nubbymcnubnub
Default Engine Sound Level

I think the current sound level for engines on everything (trucks, tanks, helos) is way too loud at the moment, they seem to drown out everything. A truck idling 10 feet away is as loud as or louder than an AK firing 10 feet away. More importantly they're louder than the voice comms to the point where I've been in squads that all type to each other when they enter vehicles, no one bothers to use voice because they just plain cannot hear each other over the engine. For a helo, this might be realistic, I don't know I've never been in one, but I've ridden in the back of similar trucks before, and you can definitely talk to the others in the back without a problem.

I know I'm not the only one who thinks the engine noises are way too loud, but maybe our settings are wrong. I'm currently running the game down at 20% and voice at 100%, I'm not sure how I would fix it, suggestions are welcome.
nubbymcnubnub is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-11, 08:58   #2
Tarranauha200

Default Re: Engine Sound Level

Put your mumble volume higher/game volume lower if you cant hear people while in vehicles.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 01:23   #3
nubbymcnubnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarranauha200 View Post
Put your mumble volume higher/game volume lower if you cant hear people while in vehicles.
So you don't find things like the truck engine idling to be louder than gunfire? This is the biggest issue I'm having.

I'd rather not turn up mumble any higher, it's already pretty loud for me, especially when morons start spamming voice comms.
nubbymcnubnub is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 21:00   #4
Stealth Clobber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubbymcnubnub View Post
I'm currently running the game down at 20% and voice at 100%
Keep in mind the slider for voice volume in-game only affects VOIP (which nobody uses anymore). I recommend binding your plus and minus numpad keys to Mumbles volume up and down to adjust it on the fly. That way you can have it loud, but be able to turn it down before all the crazies come out between rounds :P
Stealth Clobber is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-15, 21:26   #5
TheSilencer

The truck idling is definitely not as loud as the AK 10m away. Very much an exaggeration.
TheSilencer is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, level, sound