project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2007-02-22, 22:36   #1
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Default cant join any PR servers

I sort by the Same Mod and Same Version, but there are no servers...then I sort by Same Mod and it founds the servers....but I cant join them...says, Im running the older version....I got Client 0.506 PR....
Old 2007-02-23, 08:56   #2
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

I get this. As you can see, all the servers are red (meaning I cant join them for a reason) and I have the 0.5 client PR....

Any help??
Old 2007-02-23, 09:52   #3
samoht

I'm having the same problem at the moment. I will completely reinstall BF2 now and report.

EDIT:

I was reinstalling and about half way through I might have figured out why it was doing this. I may have had a no cd crack in my game directory which was messing with the version. I think I put one on at a LAN party and forgot about it.

Anyways... Check if that's the case and put the original file back. If not, the full reinstall did the trick for me anyways. GL
Last edited by samoht; 2007-02-23 at 10:34..
Old 2007-02-23, 18:08   #4
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Not really...I havent got any cracks and I have uninstalled all other mods (Sandbox & Sir. mod)....maybe the Special Forces exp is causing it?

EDIT

Well, if the SF is causing it....which I doubt...then Im fucked, since I got the deluxe edition of BF2, which comes with the SF exp....cant uninstall it separately....
Old 2007-02-23, 21:36   #5
GeZe
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz
Not really...I havent got any cracks and I have uninstalled all other mods (Sandbox & Sir. mod)....maybe the Special Forces exp is causing it?

EDIT

Well, if the SF is causing it....which I doubt...then Im fucked, since I got the deluxe edition of BF2, which comes with the SF exp....cant uninstall it separately....
SF does not do that to you.

Make sure you have the latest BF2 patch (4.1 I believe)

Old 2007-02-24, 11:30   #6
AlexJRC

Same problem. Installed bf2 yesterday, patched it to 1.4. Then I installed PRMM 0.5 today and it says I have an older version.
Old 2007-02-24, 11:30   #7
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Oh, just found out, whats causing it......I actually have the OLDER version of PRMM (!!)...I downloaded the client 0.506, but when I clicked Community tab and went to Custom Games, it said, that my PRMM is 0.4??
Old 2007-02-24, 11:32   #8
AlexJRC

Just found out I don't have bf2 1.41. Guess I been away too long.
Old 2007-02-24, 11:41   #9
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Omfg, now I cant host my own dedicated server no more....I host my own coop and play with bots and now it says, I have the newer version that the server....wtf?
Old 2007-02-26, 11:28   #10
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Reinstalled both BF2 and SF, patched to 1.4, but it still says on Community/Custom Games tab, that my PR is v0.4.
Got a friend who has PR , too, he said, that his PR says, that its v0.40, but his mod works fine :S....
Still cant join any games...

Tags
join, servers