project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Hardware & Custom Builds
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Hardware & Custom Builds Discussion on Computer Hardware & Custom Builds

Old 2009-07-14, 21:25   #1
torenico
Default Battery Low? Time/Dates not set?

First of all, i dont know where this thread goes, so i posted here

Well, i have some serius problems whit my PC (Wich is Custom Build), i think is something related to Drivers.

First of all, Windows Firewall says that my Anti Virus, Nod 32, cannot update. I update it manually but Windows keeps ignoring these Updates. Hell.

2- When i start my PC, the Driver/Motherboard screen appears. The PC makes a single "BIP", and then a new screen appears. It Says.

CMO Battery Low

CMO Date/Time not Set.

Press F1 to run Setup.

Press F2 to Load Default Values and Continue.

Theres two ways, one is by making a Setup, a new screens appears whit many options. I select the Standard Settings and set the time/date. It appeans 01/01/2002, at 00:02:00 Hours. Strange?.

Well, i set 7/14/2009 18:06:30 Hours. Press F10, save and quit. System reboots, and again, same window as above

CMO Battery Low

CMO Date/Time not Set.

Press F1 to run Setup.

Press F2 to Load Default Values and Continue.

I wonder, what is Battery Low..?

Well, i press F2, another screen appears, looks like its loading the RAM or something. Press ESC to Reboot 10--9--8.. and counts till reaches 0. If you press ESC or let tge 10 Seconds finish,. nothing will happen and the PC will start loading the things in the RAM. Then a Blue Window appears, tells me that the PC needs to find "NTSF" Files on it and boot the CD... (I think it was NTSF), press a random key to continue, If i dont press any key in 10 seconds, the PC will search for some rare archive into my BF2 CD, of ocurse it wont find it, so it takes an unlimited ammount of time.

When it starts loading the last stuff, before you can see the Deskstop, Windows says "Hey you, yes you, i know you bought an Original Windows but i wanna mess your PC for a while, Ha-Ha". Yes, the bloody Star appers, changes my Desktop pic etc.

In the End, i cannot run MSN untill i set the Times Dates by going into Control Panel, Time Date and set it manually.

I wonder why my PC wont save the settins, ignore them.

Thats all i know guys, thanks for helping.

Again, Sorry if it has been posted in the incorrect place

Peace
torenico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-15, 09:07   #2
beemer
Default Re: Battery Low? Time/Dates not set?

Well, did you replace the cmos battery on the motherboard ?
beemer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 19:22   #3
Wizrdwarts

Definitely a CMOS battery issue. There should be something that looks like this on your mobo.

Check your motherboard's manual for more details on how to replace it.
Wizrdwarts is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 22:57   #4
torenico

Thanks dude, ill see what i can do.
torenico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-17, 23:01   #5
Mr.Hyde
Supporting Member

Man, thats the first time I've heard of a CMOS battery dying. How old is that MB?

You can always take the CMOS battery from your old MB.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty for security deserve neither and will lose both" ~Benjamin Franklin
Mr.Hyde is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, low, set, time or dates