project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
19 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2009-08-01, 15:10   #21
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [MODEL] Russian Aircraft Carrier [WIP]

Quote:
It doesn't have a hull storage IRL? I wouldn't see why not, especially considering it uses a jump deck, meaning that there is far less parking space. And what would the two edge lifts be used for otherwise? :P (http://i33.tinypic.com/2w6zdw0.jpg).
i think he means room where boats and LAVs parked ingame, not hangar for aircrafts

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 16:26   #22
JERICHO777

NICE- Ilike it)))
JERICHO777 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 16:30   #23
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERICHO777 View Post
NICE- Ilike it)))
Shinqui, I like too.

It looks really good so far and just a question, I dont know but it looks kinda short for me is it really possible for a jet to land on that?
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 16:32   #24
McBumLuv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DankE_SPB View Post
i think he means room where boats and LAVs parked ingame, not hangar for aircrafts
Ahhh, I see
McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 16:48   #25
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2KK View Post
Shinqui, I like too.

It looks really good so far and just a question, I dont know but it looks kinda short for me is it really possible for a jet to land on that?
its ~30-40 meters shorter than Nimitz
good vid, flights and other stuff

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
DankE_SPB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 17:41   #26
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squaddie09 View Post
Why may I ask? Has someone already created these? I was thinking about doing them once the frame of the hull is entirely complete, then I would start on the main details. Although with my unusual way of modeling, I will probably begin modeling them without finishing the main body
just work on the main shape first, once you have done that you can then move onto the details but I wouldn't think about that AA gun until the final stages. I also wouldn't model the other AA missile thingy until the later/final stages as they need to be exported as weapons etc.

Quote:
Cheers for the link aswell, will come in useful. I have found loads of good reference pictures, but haven’t found any of the actual ships interior. Ive had an idea of making parts of the island accessible aswell as areas below the deck. Im not sure wither the Bf2 engine is capable of this, but if I create a carrier level, is there a way to make the 'plates' move up and down allowing an aircraft to start in the hanger and then move up onto the actual strip itself?
I wouldn't waste time on that, not for now at least. Just concentrate on the exterior and just close off the hangers etc for now. If once you have finished it you would like to look into opening up the hangers etc you can do that in a 2nd version, but doing that in your first version is going to dramatically increase the amount of work and delay the time its finished by a long way and as such delay your map's release, which is also going to be super long as it stands without the hangers etc.

Quote:
I also realise that the actual ship itself does not have a hull vehicle storage area so to speak, unlike the carrier currently in bf2. This is a big flaw, however there is no reason for us not to change the carrier to accommodate this. (there no harm in bending the truth a little to allow for better game play aye )
no... if you are going to make this carrier you need to make it spot on to what it realistically can do in r/l. Do you see us in PR making any vehicle unrealistically, like adding a troop compartment to the Challenger 2 because it would be good for gameplay?

the "Carrier" in vBF2 is not really a carrier, its a mutt, a cross between a Carrier and an Assault Ship / LPD. This is a true aircraft carrier and as such, its role is to carry aircraft (+ some big ass anti ship missiles).

As mentioned above, you need an Assault Ship like the one Danke has posted here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DankE_SPB View Post
what kind of ships do you mean? like this:
Thou there may be a better type of assault ship / LPD the Russians use I dunno, you would have to look into it.

Thou what you can get away with for your first release is having everything vehicle wise spawn on the landing beach like I think your planning, and just say there was a Assault Ship out there somewhere that left after landing all its stuff on the beaches or w/e. You can later model it if you wish for a 2nd version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuv View Post
You should leave them to be modeled separately so that they may be used as vehicles possibly, or at the very least easily swapped with Chinese variants, is what I believe Rhino is saying.
te that's correct: Soviet aircraft carrier Varyag - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuv View Post
Also, if you make it so that it can easily be made into it's Chinese variant, it would be much easier to use ingame, considering Z-trooper's still making the assault carrier for the PLANM. Finally let's have some show of OpFor might
Ye it would be easier to do China invading since they have an LPD being modelled (thou currently the project is on hold) but then, China invading Iceland sounds a little far for China to go bypassing many more important targets

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-01, 18:31   #27
Tomato-Rifle

Holy shit that cannon on the AA at 1:20
Tomato-Rifle is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aircraft, carrier, model, russian, wip