project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2009-08-10, 23:20   #1
Jigsaw

Default [AAR] Reality Teamwork

Just wanted to share a couple of nice rounds in which I have squad led in the last couple of days.

Asad Khal, MEC, Reality Teamwork Server 09/08/09

The round started with the server around 50% full but filled up towards the end. Initially my squad was the only full squad and we were running infantry whilst a another squad took the BRDM. We constructed a FB at North Village and proceded south across the eastern bridge with the APC in support. The squad was:
  • [DM]Jigsaw - SL
  • [DM]Cheditor - Rifleman
  • =BDR=$h00t_t0_k1ll - Grenadier
  • [PR]NATO|Orthas - Automatic Rifleman
  • [4hd]0blivious - Medic
  • sgt.helltrouphy - Rifleman

Infantry advance with the APC

We quickly engaged British forces at the southern end of the rope bridge and the APC moved off to flank them. They retreated through to the opposite end of the tunnel to us and covered it with an AR, making it impassable, not that we didn't try once.

Crewman charge

Unfortunately as virtually our entire force was engaged against the enemies there we did not notice that a 2 man squad had snuck round far west to take out our FB and cap the North Village flag. We fell back and took up position in North Village. The next 20 minutes or so were spent engaging sporadic enemy forces in short but brutal firefights through the North Village and surrounding areas with the flag neutral but close to being capped by the British.

CQB

We captured a lot of enemy officer kits

This culminated eventually in the squad going down and for the first and only time during the round we were forced to respawn at our main. This was the point where the round was almost lost, and was certainly a turning point. The enemy had fully capped North Village and were moving to MEC outpost, where they had constructed a firebase. The other 6 man squad on our team was below south village providing no support whatsoever, so we were on our own. Thankfully we managed to get onto the North cap zone before they began capping outpost, so even though they neutralised outpost (meaning we couldn't spawn temporarily) once we capped NV again we could spawn. We rapidly set a FB and proceded to take defensive positions facing towards outpost.

Rifleman takes a defensive stance preparing to fire on enemies

They briefly attempted an attack towards us but the open ground favoured us as defenders and our AR quickly mowed them down. After a while we decided to make a counter-assault and under cover fire from our AR and grenadier, myself and another rifleman moved forward. At this point we also had another squad with us who were covering the fields on our left flank. We laid down heavy suppressive fire and smoke, it was a seriously intense firefight, lots of firing and lots of casualties (mostly theirs).

Enemy .50cal covers our approach but it was swiftly flanked and destroyed

We re-took the outpost and immediately pushed back south. At this point the enemy having been hunted out from the NW corner of the map were moving back up through NV and we moved to secure it. Again we engaged in fierce brutal CQB through NV, however this time we prevailed and began to really push the enemy back hard. Another squad the same time had got into position to cap SV. We consolidated our position briefly to aid the cap of SV and then ran to Mansion where we finally capped them out, winning by 27 tickets about 3 seconds after taking the Mansion flag. It was an incredible counter-attack and a brilliant turnaround from a round the has seemed lost.

Scoreboard just before the end, we ended with over 9000 points

Jabal Al Burj, US, Reality Teamwork Server 10/08/09

For this round we were operating a Mechanised Infantry squad, with the APC kept within the squad for easier comms. The server was full with almost everyone on mumble although some SLs needed encouragement on getting into the correct channel. The squad for this round was:
  • [DM]Jigsaw - SL
  • [DM]Cheditor - APC gunner
  • =TCC=darkcloak2 - APC driver
  • [DM]Sgt.Smeg - Automatic Rifleman
  • [R-DEV]MAINERROR - Rifleman
  • [DM]Levesley - Medic

We moved as quickly as we could to secure West Beach with another squad flown in by heli, with a third squad headed to East Beach by heli. On the way we managed to take out an enemy H-AT that could have proved a problem later on and we swiftly moved up to dam and capped it. We moved across the dam and immediately engaged a hostile squad that was moving up below the dam-bridge road. We eliminated them pretty quickly, the APC easily taking them down, and then we began to scout out the bridge area. We saw that there were huge numbers of enemy on the surrounding hills and I ordered the APC to hold out of sight on the road whilst the infantry scouted. Thankfully at this time we got CAS support for [OD-S]L4gi and [MG]Welsh :]boy and we began to call it in on the enemy positions.

We had been engaging the enemies on the Eastern side of the bridge for around 5-10 minutes when we received a report of an enemy APC at dam. Our APC was ordered to move back and support and although they took out the enemy APC ours was badly damaged and was destroyed shortly afterwards as well. The crew spawned back on the carrier to wait for a new one whilst our 4 infantry remained on the hills west of the bridge. At this point the other squads were engaged in holding the dam. The enemy infantry around the bridge appeared to be suicidal in their pursuit of attacking the bridge, and from our raised position we easily cut them down several times, as well as calling the hueys on them.

CAS hueys hit MEC infantry hard

With the support of the hueys we were able to capture the bridge and all other squads immediately started to move on the city. Unfortunately this was the point we got flanked by an enemy squad and taken out and with no other units nearby we lost in quick succession Bridge, Dam and East Beach. We respawned on the carrier and whilst our APC moved in we took a huey to land on the beach. We assaulted the CP and wiped out an enemy squad whilst another friendly squad attacked from the other direction. Another squad were at the same time moving on the Dam.

We lent our APC to another squad so they could get a ride to bridge and then we were ordered by our commander ([DM]Mcluv) to move to Dam as our squads there were taking a pounding. En-route we were ambushed by an enemy APC, and taken out.

We respawned at the carrier, took our 3rd APC and moved to the Dam where we quickly engaged multiple enemies in the hills at both ends of the Dam. They also had a firebase at the eastern end. The fighting here was frantic and brutal and we took casualties as we attempted to clear the Western Dam areas. It seemed as though virtually the entire MEC team was assaulting Dam, with only 1 other US squad with us, as the rest were stuck over at the bridge. This culminated in a rather epic ending, and videos speak louder than words:

Apologies for no sound, but you get the idea. Right before the end I had called a J-DAM on the enemies at the Eastern end of the Dam, and you could hear it hit as the round ended.

Final scoreboards, click for high res.

Edit: I'll add another AAR tomorrow for a round that I was medic on OGT once I have BR screens
Jigsaw is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 14:36   #2
Smegburt_funkledink

Default Re: [AAR] Reality Teamwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigsaw-uk View Post
We lent our APC to another squad so they could get a ride to bridge and then we were ordered by our commander ([DM]Mcluv) to move to Dam as our squads there were taking a pounding. En-route we were ambushed by an enemy APC, and taken out.
It was 2 APC's right? I remember one of our crewmen call out an enemy APC contact in front as we approached the bridge. As a friendly blue guy reloaded his HAT from an ammo box we just dumped, I was looking out of the rear window. I screamed over mumble so the HAT guy would hear too, "Enemy APC behind us, 10 meters!!!1!!!!!11!one!!ELEVEN!!!"

...*BOOM*

Quote:
I'll add another AAR tomorrow for a round that I was medic on OGT once I have BR screen
As long as you don't mention the OGT round we played before Kashan yesterday...

All in all, good fun though Jiggy.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 15:05   #3
Cheditor

Ye that OGT round yesterday was less than desirable, us getting raped by Brits while im just running around in circles with my dead mouse.
Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 15:50   #4
Jigsaw

Yeah there was an APC in front but it was the one that came up behind that got us.

OGT yesterday was alright, we just got a bit overrun towards the end which is never fun but meh, win some lose some.
Old 2009-08-11, 17:02   #5
McBumLuv

That round of Jabal was toooo close

Had the JDAM landed a few seconds earlier we probably would've won, too

Good game, though we got what what in teh butt in OGT.
McBumLuv is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 17:58   #6
ele91
PR:BF2 QA Tester

I was in that APC in the video as a driver
Remember that you managed to take down our first APC. Then I rushed up towards the upper dam, in the knowing that your APC was badly damaged. We took you by surprise and bam we shot the APC down and then the round ended
ele91 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 19:42   #7
Jigsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ele91 View Post
I was in that APC in the video as a driver
Remember that you managed to take down our first APC. Then I rushed up towards the upper dam, in the knowing that your APC was badly damaged. We took you by surprise and bam we shot the APC down and then the round ended
Sorry must have been a different game. My APC was alive at the end, you can see that it was the CAS huey that took down the 1st BTR rather than our LAV and the round ended with the other BTR still at the other end of the bridge.

Unless you were in a 3rd BTR that I didn't notice.
Old 2009-08-11, 20:53   #8
Cheditor

No jiggy he is right, CAS huey came in slightly missed the BTR, Cloak finished it off, then when we took a breather other BTR got us and won the game.
Cheditor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-11, 21:00   #9
Jigsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Cheditor View Post
No jiggy he is right, CAS huey came in slightly missed the BTR, Cloak finished it off, then when we took a breather other BTR got us and won the game.
Awwww, I didn't notice that. Fail. That means there were 3 BTRs against us lol

Tags
aar, aars, reality, teamwork