project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2009-10-04, 18:09   #111
rampo
Default Re: Attack Helicopters and Tanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt3r View Post
Still doesn't solve the problem for everyone else.

That, and I'd still like to see unguided hellfires implemented. It simulates camera stabilisation.
You know i was kidding
rampo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 19:37   #112
alexaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT View Post
I have kept it alive for whole rounds .
just like here xD
YouTube - Project Reality Attack Chopper Vid
alexaus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 08:13   #113
angellfall

Yesterday i where piloting apache againg in kashan... we had pretty nice round and i tested my new tactic to help gunner out... Old dive bombing... First we where flying in 700-800m. to spot enemy armor on ground.. gunner setted attack marker on target (we didnt have spotter on that round) after that we just dived in really deep angle to marker and gunner spam shooted his missiles whitout zooming in... Worked rly well and we didnt get shot down this way... I have tried this tac couble times now and most likely that is best what you can have since you dont need to hover in any point.. and even if you miss from your target, heli willbe flying so fast on ground level that no-one can hit you with apc or tank if you are doing avoiding manouvers.

Getting rid of hovering means eliminating like 80% of all risks to get shot down... this excludes enemy helis and AA/AAV's ofc but usually you can always deliver hit to your target even if you will get locked when you start diving 2 flare packs are enough to reach ground and 2 more to go get hell out of there...

Since this divebombing is not rly irl way to do this i just hold my tumbs up so hopefully we get something better for those heavy attack helis on next patch...
angellfall is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
attack, helicopters, tanks