project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2005-02-19, 14:37   #1
claygast
Default New BF2 Stuff

http://s4.invisionfree.com/dcf/index.php?showtopic=1839 (Scroll down a little bit in that page and you'll see it)
&
http://s4.invisionfree.com/dcf/index.php?showtopic=1837
claygast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-19, 15:58   #2
sjogren

Nice looking pics! I have some more: http://www.bf2.se/forums.php?m=posts&q=408
sjogren is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-19, 16:30   #3
Tactical Advantage
Default Nice Pics!!!

Well Bf2 is definitly looking good, and we have Ghillie Suits!!! Im really looking forward to using the rafts in the game.
Tactical Advantage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-19, 17:07   #4
solodude23

That Ghillie suit looks awsome.
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-19, 21:45   #5
Sabian

Those are amazing. The sniper is filled with detail.
Sabian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-20, 01:24   #6
Figisaacnewton

Agreed, the sniper looks amazing. Less work for the devs, i think!

Still have to remodel the sf class. I am scared, i think a lot of people will wont to play american sf just because he has cool sunglasses....
Figisaacnewton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-20, 02:06   #7
Ugly Duck

w00t!
Read the description of US assault class. You CAN switch fire modes! And that sniper model does look great... omg BF2 is gunna rock. Some of those pics look REAL. And now TOW's will work, AT missles can be guided in the air with the curser. Sounds like it will work as the rockets in HL2 did... and I loved those things.
Ugly Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-20, 02:21   #8
solodude23

Yeah they confirmed different fire modes a little back. Still great though!!

Hmmmm....They have showed us the Desert Ghillie suit...I want to see the jungle version now.....
solodude23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-20, 04:04   #9
Ugly Duck

I watched the producer interview.. said maps around 4 square KM. For BF thats huge. But what I don't understand is why they are giving the US german weapons(G36, there was another too). ATM they aren't using these. Also the "Jackhammer" is just silly.... sure it may be in developement but a fully automatic 12 gauge shot gun is kinda silly. Sadly I saw more of that M203 vs. T80 crap in the ground combat vid, and the ragdoll physics are a bit out of whack. Helo was flying over and blasted a guy with a rocket, the guy almost hit the helo he flew so high.
Ugly Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-02-20, 04:51   #10
Eddie Baker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly Duck
Also the "Jackhammer" is just silly.... sure it may be in developement but a fully automatic 12 gauge shot gun is kinda silly.
The Pancor Jackhammer Mk3 completed development in the late 1980s and early 1990s, but only a few prototypes are known to exist. One seems to be owned by a theatrical gun-rental business and can be seen in the film Total Recall, I believe, used by "Richter" (Michael Ironside) during the Martian taxi chase.

Full-automatic shotguns have been around since the Vietnam War, actually. Remington had an experimental weapon that was used by SEALs operating in the Mekong Delta and the Rung-Sat Zone.

[Edit]Found the model number, Remington 7188.
Eddie Baker is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bf2, stuff